Binge Eating

Options
Anybody else have problems with binge eating or have a binge eating disorder?
What do you do when you feel like binging?

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Search "binge" - there have been lots of great threads about this with great advice just in the past few days :) many of us struggle with it, don't feel alone.
  • amanda_au2012
    Options
    You should really add me or message me... I have a lot of experience with this. Ive had that problem since I was about twelve. But for the past two weeks or so Ive finally managed to get it slightly under control with the help of mfp... Send me a message if you want to talk about this!
  • amanda_au2012
    Options
    A lot of people i know who have this problem as well say that chewing gum or having a tootsie pop (60 cals) helps because its something that lasts longer and satisfies a craving without actually binging.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Also, I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder about a year ago - but it had been a problem for two years prior to me seeking help. If you need extra support feel free to message me too :)
  • amberette
    amberette Posts: 2
    Options
    Im having extreme binge problems on the weekend. Weekdays I stay away from take out food and burgers but on the weekend its no exercise and bad food and I cant stop!
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A lot of people i know who have this problem as well say that chewing gum or having a tootsie pop (60 cals) helps because its something that lasts longer and satisfies a craving without actually binging.

I am a binge eater, I'll admit it. I always have what I feel is a valued excuse though - family was visiting, ate what the kids ate, stress or my personal favorite...no one was home so no one was watching what I ate.

If you don't mind may I send you a friend request also? Would love to talk to someone who's dealt with this too.
  • blackbirdlovable
    blackbirdlovable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting on this guys. I was feeling really alone tonight and kind of beating myself up over a binge. Your comments all brought smiles to my face.
  • diadora95
    diadora95 Posts: 9
    Options
    When I want to binge, I just do it. I pick up a salad or some fruit and go crazy. I guess it's still something I can work on, but it doesn't negatively affect my body because I binge on things that are good for me. The first time I lost weight, in high school, was because of that. I was in this awful relationship and I would binge on waffles every night. Then, we ran out, and I ate apples. I realized that I could eat three apples for the price of two waffles. So If I was eating ten waffles, that's fifteen apples to add up to the same amount. That wouldn't happen. So yeah. Switch out binge foods.
  • GanjaBall
    GanjaBall Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I felt really alone for a long while. Honestly, I didn't even know that binge eating was a real problem, but, it is, and, more importantly, your not alone. There are a lot if great people on here to help you through the tough times. Stay focused and guilt free. Knowing is half the battle :)
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i do this every weekend! for a whole day i eat 'bad foods'. any advice willing to share, plz add me x
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I had an episode today and feel like such a disappointment. Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. I have been dealing with binge eating for as long as I can remember. Its crazy, when I binge I feel like I could eat all day without feeling full. Its like the part of my brain that tell you "im full. stop eating" shuts off. I wish I knew how to quit!

I will try the tootsie pop thing as well, everything is worth a try.
  • tshirt_tt
    tshirt_tt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater myself, and yes, exactly, I'm bad on the weekends. And I'm an emotional eater. If I've had a bad day at work I get junk. I'd like to have a friend on this site too, it would definitely help me.
  • jesswelk
    jesswelk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also a binge eater and compulsive overeater, and a recovering bulimic. I just joined this site like 10 minutes ago, and I am amazed at the support that is on this board. I have recently read the books "The Binge Eating & Compulsive Overeating Workbook" and it really helped alot, I know a book is just a book, but it has you journal your thoughts and emotions when wanting to start a binge and so on. Another good book I have read is called "Eating the Moment"
    I would also love a few friends on this site, I believe it would be encouraging to know that people are going through the same thing that I am! Thanks!
  • abbyelise91
    Options
    I'm a kiwi gal and I just joined mfp today...In the last two years I have put on 40kgs! After being slim my entire life, I suddenly ballooned. And due to binge eating I really am making no progress at losing weight and getting healthy. I don't want to be skinny mini but I want to get back to a stage where I can look in the mirror and not cringe at what I see. My goal is to lose 30kgs which I'm not sure is the pound equivalent but I imagine its a lot. If you ladies have any tips to get me motivated or morale boosts..they would be most welcome. I want to feel like a real woman again and hold my head high.