Weekends

Options
I do so well with eating well all week and as soon as the weekend hits it all goes to hell. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do?

Replies

• marissa4354
    Options
    yes I do too! Weekends sabotage my weight loss. It's so easy to be good all week at work, but on the weekends sitting at home around food or going out with people who aren't on diets or watching what they eat gets me everytime!
  • JennaH
    Options
    But just think that you have so much more time to exercise on the weekends too. Or so I tell myself while eating my nachos. :blushing: But seriously, I think the best thing for me is to stay busy and active on the weekends so I don't just graze in my house all day. I still haven't figured out how to avoid eating or drinking when I go out with friends, but I do always try to split things with one or more people.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yes! I would have been to my goal weight about 6 months ago if not for the weekends! I hate it, but I've figured the best way to cope with it is to try and save some calories through the week for the weekend, and the next week I try to work a little harder to get rid of the extra calories I have eaten. Between compensating by both food and working out, it makes it a little easier. But even after that I still have a hard time! Maybe this will help you though..
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    UGH!!! Yes!!! I guess because during the week, you are on such a routine, that on the weekends, you get out of your routine, and BAM... you mess up...

I just do what I can to make myself stay in a routine when it comes to my eating... well, usually... :ohwell: didn't do so well today... :ohwell:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've had this issue in the past too, but this time around I'm being VERY dedicated to getting on MFP and starting my Saturday and Sunday's off right by logging in my breakfast and then sort of "penciling" in lunch & dinner, so I have an idea of what I get to eat that day and what the plan is. It has REALLY helped me stay on track.. I also try to get in some exercise too, so that I can splurge if I'd like and make homemade pizzas on Saturday night or have a whole wheat pancake on Sunday morning. It's all about balancing--you can do it! :smile:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I do that ALL of the time. I go out to eat on the weekends which ruins me. I try to work out an extra 1/2 hour so about 300 calories more each day on the weekend... sometimes its enough sometimes it isn't.