A grunt, caveman flex, and smile not appreciated.

Options
txcaveman
txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
I was up early (Very early) for meeting this morning. Had an odd schedule today with work, sick kid at home... It rained (Yeah!) today for about 30 minutes... My routine was generally screwed up. I contemplated taking a nap on the couch.

Regardless, I went for my walk / run. (At a local popular scenic loop) I immediately felt glad I had gone. The weather was nice, the music on i-phone was shuffled perfectly. I was in the zone and I FELT GREAT!

About 3/4 through my route I noticed a guy about the same age, size... as me walking the other direction (towards me)... and to convey my feeling of success and happiness I gave him a knod, grunt, and flexed like a caveman... He responded by looking at me like I had just escaped a mental institution and was close to flinging poo at him... I think he was truly frightened.

Guess I need to learn more appropriate body language during my workouts.

Anybody else have similar experiences (or am I the only socially awkward person on MFP)???

Replies

• txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bumpin my own thread... guess I am the only awkward one...
  • shayoni
    shayoni Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hah, I think I would have laughed at that =D
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You made me giggle. I would totally grunt back.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Heheheh, thanks for the giggle!
    If I saw you grunting and flexing at me I would run very fast... in the opposite direction.

I usually smile, nod and/or say "good morning". But that's rather conventional and boring, your greeting is much more interesting.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I wish more people would open themselves up to being silly. The world would be a much happier place lol
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    it would depend on the delivery. if you pulled it off i would laugh...but it could also come across creepy. video yourself next time. :)
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You should hear me cracking up here...
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I don't really grunt and do caveman flexes but I have plenty of experiences where I trip or walk into a door. Oh and the time I farted in Sears and my husband got the blame.
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    Hahahahahaha. That's amazing.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I wish more people would open themselves up to being silly. The world would be a much happier place lol

Damn straight!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Ha! That's awesome! I might have just nodded and smiled, but I'm a girl, and MOST girls don't have good sound effects anyway, so if I attempted a caveman grunt I might just sound like I was constipated...:blushing:
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha! I would have totally done the same back.
  • RaleighRonin
    RaleighRonin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would totally grunt back!.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Pick and activity where it is acceptable to acknowledge each other, but keep it low key. Passing bike riders will nod at each other. never a caveman flex!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hell in TX, you are lucky he didn't shoot u!
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I would have laughed :-) and gave you props in some way for working out.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl and I've got GREEEAAT sound effects ;)

I think your greeting was fun - but maybe he thought you were making a pass?
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    *grunting and flexing back atcha!*
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

Damn straight!

YES YES!!! Im the worlds biggest goof, i swear!! you sound fun!!
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would have grunted back at you, but then again I have a sense of humor. I hate the usual "HI!" I get when out on the paths. I have no desire for pleasantries when my legs are burning, my face is red hot, and shirt is soaked with sweat. I prefer a greeting that acknowledges a common bond. Grunters of the world unite!