6 months....progress thus far!

Options
PunkyRachel
PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
I started my journey on Jan. 10th. I was 223, and size 20 (US sizes) I started out by doing a 12 week weight loss competition, my friend wanted me to do with her. We walk/zumba together, I began eating smaller portions and I lost 5 pound in the 1st 2 weeks, Then I found MFP and kept exercising with my friend and kept loosing 1-2 pounds a week. My friend on the other hand she either stayed the same or gained each week. At the end I had lost 15 lbs, she had gained 4 pounds. She was so frustrated and jealous that she just quit. I couldn't get her to walk or zumba with me any more, so I stopped too, not wanting to go it alone. That didn't last long, 2 weeks of no exercise, I gained back 3 pounds. Something snapped in my brain, I said to myself, "No! I refuse to relapse." I started walking by myself and going to zumba class by myself, I continued with my new healthier lifestyle, by myself. I lost 5 more pounds, then I plateaued at about 200, I changed it up, got stricter with my diet. I began losing again, I got down to 196, then plateaued again, so I upped my calorie intake, I gained back 5 pounds almost instantly. So I did some research and changed my diet and lowered my calories back down, I'm down to 194.8 and I wear a Size 14 pants now. I feel tons better already, I have more energy, and I DO NOT plan on stopping any time soon! Here are a couple before and during pictures, I have never been more proud of anything my whole life!

394901_10150578756141217_534441216_11566856_723811996_n.jpg
Taken in December 2011, I was about 225, size 20

IMG_20120704_174335-1.jpg
Taken last week, I am 195 and in a size 14.

Replies

• FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Gorgeous! Great job & congrats!!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep up the great work!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    an addendum - your friend's frustration was certainly understandable, but jealousy is not nice. she should have been happy for your success and like you, tried to figure out what would have helped her to lose, versus just quitting.

if you haven't already, try weight lifting. it will slow down the loss of numbers on the scale, but will speed up loss of inches and visible muscle definition and my favorite - you will literally feel muscles as they work when you walk, climb stairs, lift groceries, etc. If you are proud now, try lifting and you will be addicted to how strong it makes you feel.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    an addendum - your friend's frustration was certainly understandable, but jealousy is not nice. she should have been happy for your success and like you, tried to figure out what would have helped her to lose, versus just quitting.

if you haven't already, try weight lifting. it will slow down the loss of numbers on the scale, but will speed up loss of inches and visible muscle definition and my favorite - you will literally feel muscles as they work when you walk, climb stairs, lift groceries, etc. If you are proud now, try lifting and you will be addicted to how strong it makes you feel.

nope, but weight lifting was next on my agenda, diet walking and zumba is all I've done so far. I'm enrolling in college classes for the fall, the college lets student have unlimited access to their gym/pool. So I plan on using it. I have very little upper body strength right now. I don't mind the number on the scale so much, as long as I'm still shrinking.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good for your self motivation. You look great!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good for you for continuing to go on your own even when your friend quit! You're doing great! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!