I made it to my goal...

Options
I wanted to be a size 6 pants and I am a size 4!!! I started this journey at 190lbs and am now 146 and happy right where I am. I am now doing Chalean extreme to tone but other then that I am there. I have a really good friend/more like a little brother that is in the army and I needed some motivation starting in March of this year. I started to feel great and started thinking that I was good where I was even though I was still overweight. Well Ryan made a bet with me that if by the time he got back from Iraq for good if I had lost the weight he would quit smoking! So I took the bet and we decided I had to be a size 6 jeans by the time he got home (September 15th). Well needless to say I won that bet and he is now on a journey to a smoke free life :happy: I have made MAJOR life changes during this journey and not only to I benefit from it all so does my family and friends!

Here are some pictures of my journey:

My before picture Summer 2008

th_190.jpg

Me in February 2009

th_P1100001.jpg

Me in March 2009

th_P3300156.jpg

Me July 2009

th_P7080022.jpg

Me today and yesterday (September 2009)

th_P9190003-1.jpg

th_P9190039-1.jpg

My smaller belly and arm :)

th_P9190047.jpg

th_P9190042.jpg

Ryan and I the night we made the bet.....

th_P3300153.jpg

Ryan and I the night that I officially won the bet :)....

th_P9190036.jpg

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    You look terrific! Great job!! :flowerforyou:
  • JennCh
    Options
    Congrats! What an accomplishment. You've just motivated me to get back at it, to try to get these last five pounds off, and not settle for being almost where I truly want to be.
  • SexymamaE
    Options
    Wow u look great and that how i lost my weight i made a bet with the hubby and lets just say when he comes back from cuba i get my shopping spree so happy:bigsmile:
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :D
  • twilight1542
    Options
    Proof that gambling isn't always a bad thing : ) Congrats on your weight loss and on your friend returning home safe and sound! I can't wait to know what it feels like to wear anything smaller than a size 12 ...
  • kattiek
    Options
    Congrats! you look great!
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats:bigsmile: you look great.

You are motivation to everyone else to continue on their respective journeys:flowerforyou:
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    You look AWESOME Congradulations
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    how fantastic. it's soooo encouraging to read the words i've reached my goal.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You deserve every bit of success. It is inspirational to see other members like yourself who had 40+ pounds to lose through hard work and perserverance reach their goal. You look fit and healthy, I personally hope you enjoy buying yourself that new well-deserved wardrobe.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you all VERY much! :blushing: :smooched:
  • msmeghan
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You look awesome!!!
  • princessjade22
    Options
    You look great, congrats! I am sure you friend will need your support on his journey to quit smoking.:happy:
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    princessjade22- Yes, he was such motivation for me now it is my turn to help him!

Has anyone here quit smoking and if you did what did you find that helped you the most?
  • NakiaG
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Right now I'm at where you started and I'm also going for a size 6. Hopefully in a couple months I will be making the same post. I'm inspired!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    YAY you look great:happy:
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Nakia- You can do it!!!! What I did was BL (Biggest Loser) bootcamp, BL yoga, 30 day shred and I ran. I worked out a lot in the beginning. Now I am doing Chalean Extreme and would recommend it to ANYONE!!!

Keep up the GREAT work to all of you!!! I always tell people (mostly when offered things like the cheese cakes I turned down yesterday) Nothing tastes as good as thin and healthy feels!!!

Thank you all again :drinker: you are all making me feel so great right now :laugh:
  • vitabella
    vitabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful! Congrats!!! Crazy though i weigh 148 and i am a size 10 in all my clothes.. I havent been a size 4 since i weighed 120...weird how sizes are. anyways i am so happy for you that youve met your goal !!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    princessjade22- Yes, he was such motivation for me now it is my turn to help him!

Has anyone here quit smoking and if you did what did you find that helped you the most?
    I quit smoking on Sept 3..... he has to want this .... if he doesnt then he wont quit ..... but what has helped me is chewing on extra sugarless gum, straws and keeping more active .... i didnt smoke in my house so that was a good thing ...best of luck to him and congrats on losing your weight :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!