Hello - looking for some weight loss buddies

Options
Hi. I am Jessica. I am a 34 year old working mother of two. I know why I am overweight. I eat too much and all of the wrong things. I grew up eating crap food so that is what I know and love. If I could have my way I would live on pizzas, burgers, burritos and chocolate. I used to be able to eat whatever I want and not gain weight, but now in my thirties everything has changed and I am gaining more and more. Since having kids I have always had an extra 10-15 pounds, but the last couple of years I have gained 15 more so I am now 30 pounds overweight. I have gone from a size 6/8 to now a 13. I don't recognize myself. I know I am not severely overweight and 30 pounds doesn't seem like a lot, but it is enough to make me feel really bad about myself. I also recognize that if I don't make some serious changes this 30 pounds will turn to 60 and then 90......

I have done weight watchers, no carb and low carb. I can usually lose up to 10 pounds but then fall off the wagon and gain it back plus some. I diet and then binge, diet then binge, then give up and go weeks off the wagon. I love food. I wish I loved spinach and fish, but I love pasta and bread.

I am so ready for a change. I don't need to look like a super model, but I want to feel good in my skin again. I am tired of tucking in the stomach roll, avoiding shorts because of my fat legs and feeling like a line backer because of my big arms. I was about 20 pounds lighter when I met my boyfriend. He loves me just the same and doesn't say anything, but I hate that I have gained so much weight. He is thin and eats pretty healthy. I actually hid a kit kat wrapper last time he was over. How sad is that? I want to look in the mirror and see the fit girl I know is in there.

I work out a ton - usually 5 days per week. Part of the problem is I work out so much so feel like I deserve to eat what I want. When I sat down and calculated what I typically eat in a day it is about 3,000 calories. It was a wake up call. I am eating 700-1000 more calories per day than I need to maintain so it is no wonder I keep gaining weight.

I joined MFP because I have been hearing a lot about it and need to stick with something. I am so tired of false starts and falling off the wagon. I am hoping I can find something that works and some support along the way.

Sorry for the super long post. If you are around my age range and have about the same to lose I would love to have some weight loss buddies to chat with and help support each other.

Replies

• foryoublue
    foryoublue Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey there! I'm about to be 34 and it's nice to find another woman my age here! Good luck to you! :)
  • TriumphTigress
    Options
    Hi Jessica
    I've been 34 ;o), feel free to add me to your buddy list
  • MichaelaAustin
    MichaelaAustin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can I be a buddy? I'm only 24 but I've joined MFP and I don't know anyone... I'm only getting the guts to comment on topics recently.

it'd be nice to have some group motivation

Michaela
  • Rchamb1627
    Rchamb1627 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 34 looking for weightloss buddies too
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    I added you. I am 33 and our stories are pretty similar. I don't have many weight loss buddies but would definitely like more:-)
  • lenz3gsds
    lenz3gsds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was 34 at one time too. Feel free to add me if ya want.
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have some of the same goals and obstacles so I'd love to be friends. Please, add me and we can support each other through the process.
  • TheKoren
    TheKoren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too, and I've a few more months left in my 30's... Female, mom of three (20, 18 and 18). Youngest twin has significant disabilities so I'm wanting to lose weight and get stronger and healthy so that I can continue to care for her at home as long as humanly possible!! Oh yeah...also getting married in October!! My future husband deserves a pretty princess on the big day...at least as close to it as I can get between now and then. Looking for people to motivate and be motivated by. j

BTW, I like to cook but I absolutely LOVE to eat...I think I could love any food if it's prepared right. Always looking to try new stuff and modify existing recipes to match my diet (currently doing Protein Power again...it always works for me, if I just stick to it.)

I am 40 pounds overweight but believe it or not, weight loss is not my foremost goal - gaining strength and energy are my top priorities. I've begun running again (if a slow lurching jog/walk/jog counts as "running"). My body is screaming at me tonight, since I haven't run since high school. Trying to remind myself the first few weeks are the worst. Anyone else start a new exercise program recently?
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sure add me, I'm 39 female and have 40 pounds to lose!
  • SunflowerRox
    SunflowerRox Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey there! i can totally sympathize. Im younger (25) but I'll gladly be your buddy!
  • monkeyayla
    Options
    I hear ya! 37 years old, 5ft and 147lb. Would love to be 125lb again. Lots of lifestyle changes led to weight gain for me, giving up smoking, having baby number 3, no longer working. I feel I need a little portion of motivation too. I'll send you a friend request. Anyone who wants more diet buddies feel free to add me too.