Sports nutrition help

Options
amybg1
amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
I had a nutrition plan all layed out last season, my macros are currently set at 40/40/20 though i occasionally have some issues going over the carbs portion, not so much the fat.

My nutrition plan currently consists of eating carbs/protein in 'small' amount every 2-3 hours to keep a steady level of energy going though I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions in terms of more sustaining snacks?

I drink eLoad when training in hot, humid weather as my workouts are between 90-120 minutes. I've hidden the eMend from my mother as she chucked my protein powder and firmly believes I get enough protein in my diet, as does my father (I'm unfortunately stuck living at home until I get enough money to move out...) and they also claim protein powder, etc is for people who train in the gym for 6+hours/day... I also got the comment that I have to watch what I consume as this can send me to the hospital if I eat something which plugs up my VP shunt in some way? I never knew a carb/protein blend could act negatively on Hydrocephalus...? Anyway...

OK, so my training plans vary from Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter as I'm a runner, competitive sprint paddler as well as a curler going to compete on the National level.

For the warmer months, I run 2-3 times a week between 4-8K, sometimes even 10K, have an hour and a half weights session, spend 3 1/2 hours on-water and have a 1-2 hour swim - I also have to walk plenty as I'm visually impaired.

For winter, I lift weights 4 hours a week, swim for 1 1/2-2 hours, curl for 2 hours and run 2-3 times weekly.

My question(s)? for you guys is this: Looking at my macros, do I need to change anything? And when it comes to nutrition - are my parents right (I don't believe so, I eat sometimes under 60g of protein per day on 'their' diet) And if not, how do I get recovery snacks in without their getting on my case as they are watching me closely...