6 months, 32 lbs lost & hit goal of healthy BMI!

Options
kori333
kori333 Posts: 174 Member
Seeing other people's success stories helps me feel like I can achieve my goals, too. So here's some ammo for those who need it today! :smile:

I started this journey January 6th at 177.2 lbs. I had gotten down to 155 (my lowest adult weight) before getting pregnant with my 3rd baby, but managed to eat my way back up to the 170's by 8 months postpartum even AFTER losing the baby weight. Every time I looked in the mirror I saw someone else and felt depressed.

In February I found MFP and started doing 30DS 6 days a week. That's when I took my first "before" pictures. After a month of that, I kept doing it 3 days a week and usually picked zumba or eliptical the other 3 days. Zumba is my favorite but I try to switch it up. I hit my 30 lb loss mark in June, but it's taken weeks to get the scale to move another 2 lbs past that. VERY FRUSTRATING! I finally hit my goal of a healthy BMI the day before my 6 month mark! I thought getting there would be near impossible, but now that I'm here I can see I'm not done at all. I still have lots of areas that need work (like that infamous "mom" tummy!) and would ideally like to lose another 10 lbs (which will take another 6 months at this rate!) I really want to start heavy lifting but things haven't worked out financially for that yet. Soon I hope! I've gone from a tight size 14 to a comfortable size 10 which I haven't worn since . . . junior high, I think? I would love to get to a 6/8.

5'4"
SW: 177.2
CW: 144.6 (Goal was 145)
NEW GOAL: 135 and FIT!

2/9/12: 172 lbs
3/16/12: 162.8 lbs
6/1/12: 147.2 lbs
7/10/12: 144.6 lbs
(I tried to make these small enough to fit across.)
Weightprogress3.jpg
Weightprogress4.jpg
Weightprogress5.jpg

One last one, start to now
Weightprogress6.jpg

It's hard not to look in the mirror and just see all the areas that need work, but I'm very happy with the progress I've made. I have friends just now coming up to me and saying "I just noticed how great you look!" That always feels good. :smile: And for the first time in my life, I actually wear my swimsuit out in public without always having board shorts on to go over it! I've lost weight before but always in an attempt to get pregnant and never gotten down to this point. Though we want more kids someday, this time it's for ME that I'm losing weight. I hope that helps me keep it off! Having MFP has been a life changer. I never thought I'd actually want to log calories but it gives me a sense of control over this and has really opened my eyes to what crap I was (and still occasionally :blushing: ) eat. I'm an emotional eater so this whole thing has been a huge challenge to overcome that, but with the help of MFP and a WHOLE LOTTA water guzzling and gum chewing, things have improved. :laugh:

Replies

• BJJDPJ
    BJJDPJ Posts: 3
    Options
    You story inspires me! Congratulations!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic! lol I just posted my 6 month progress. you are doing great, I wish I had done before and after pictures like that. Congratz! :flowerforyou:
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, thanks for sharing!
  • tr8c3y
    tr8c3y Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! :smile:
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love your shirt btw!
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    What a difference 32 pounds makes! You're a changed woman, truly. Wtg! :)
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words! They mean a lot!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! You look good!
  • laurie0507
    laurie0507 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, your hard work has definitely paid off!! Thanks for sharing I needed this today!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    WOW!! What a huge difference! You look great!! Congratulations :)
  • auburnblue
    auburnblue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your waist it itty bitty! Great job!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    This past month you may not have had much movement on the scale, but you have DEFINITELY lost inches. Congratulations on all your hard work paying off in beautiful ways!
  • Ladyvirgosdj
    Ladyvirgosdj Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    Wow!!! You look awesome!!! You took the perfect before and after pictures, you can definitely see the whole transformation! :)
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congrats! love the before and after pictures. I wish I had taken some when I started but very very camera shy. Thanks for sharing, you look great!
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! You look awesome!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Great job! Awesome photo taking!
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!:happy: Don't let the scale psych you out, inches are what matters and girl, you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!