Hello!

Options
Hi all! My name is Eric. I am trying to lose weight, about 65lbs. to be approximate. Earlier I was suggested to try doing the C25K program - and I looked into it - and I think that I could do it. I remember doing something like that workout in track. I got an app on my phone, but it is more like a C210K program and it lasts for 14 weeks (anyone familiar with this app?) I would love any tips on losing weight. Especially on something I watched today on the Today show. Is skipping breakfast and only drinking 2 cups of black coffee in place of that really a good idea? Should I be eating breakfast instead? Also - is it good to eat before or after I go out for my workout in the morning? I plan to leave my house and walk up to the community track at about 5:40 and get there at around 6. I do like to workout because it gives me a sense of accomplishment and that I did something to help it unlike many others who do not.

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I don't personally recommend skipping breakfast because I definitely function better when I eat in the morning. But everyone is different and ya gotta find what works for you. Personally, I eat 3-4 ergs every morning scrambled or in an omelette with a bunch of veggies/meat/nuts and it is epic... Feel free to add me, but I'll warn you I'm very into
    Paleolithic eating so most my comments will have that area of backing.

Welcome to the site either way, and best of luck to you!
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did add you! Also you made me get a great idea! I remember I have some peppers and what not in the fridge and I can make a killer omlet after I saute the veggies! I do think I run better with breakfast as well, I just wanted to know what other people thought. Maybe I will have the black coffee with breakfast?
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can't function without breakfast!! I tend to scoff a piece of fruit on my way to the gym in the morning and then have proper brekkie when I get home. Eating regularly helps your metabolism, something about your body knowing it'll get more food soon so it doesn't need to hold on to stuff. Coffee is fine, have it whenever.... we can't ask you to give up all your vices at once now can we!!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I totally get down with some black coffee at breakfast time. I used to hate it but I started forcing myself to drink it black and only like 3 cups later I drink it fairly often. One of my favorite omelettes to make is with sautéed onion, zuchinni, bell pepper and diced almonds! Sooo good.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was having trouble with basically being a grouchy, horrible person all day every day, so I started deliberately skewing 2/3 of my calorie intake to be before dinner rather than having 2/3 of it in the evening like I used to. I feel awesome now after a 400 calorie breakfast and 400 calorie lunch and my weight loss picked up after a long plateau. So I guess I'd recommend it! Eggs are the greatest, nothing like some good protein to get you going in the morning. Also, I'm gonna add you, because why not.
  • ericcanute
    Options
    I can't function without breakfast!! I tend to scoff a piece of fruit on my way to the gym in the morning and then have proper brekkie when I get home. Eating regularly helps your metabolism, something about your body knowing it'll get more food soon so it doesn't need to hold on to stuff. Coffee is fine, have it whenever.... we can't ask you to give up all your vices at once now can we!!

Haha I had to give up my Starbucks addiction! I may just make that a once in a while treat I guess. I was thinking maybe some apple before I go out to the track...
    I totally get down with some black coffee at breakfast time. I used to hate it but I started forcing myself to drink it black and only like 3 cups later I drink it fairly often. One of my favorite omelettes to make is with sautéed onion, zuchinni, bell pepper and diced almonds! Sooo good

That sounds really good! I really don't kine black coffee - I just prefer a venti iced caramel macchiato. My favorite. :ohwell:
  • ericcanute
    Options
    I was having trouble with basically being a grouchy, horrible person all day every day, so I started deliberately skewing 2/3 of my calorie intake to be before dinner rather than having 2/3 of it in the evening like I used to. I feel awesome now after a 400 calorie breakfast and 400 calorie lunch and my weight loss picked up after a long plateau. So I guess I'd recommend it! Eggs are the greatest, nothing like some good protein to get you going in the morning. Also, I'm gonna add you, because why not.

Yeah I love eggs but on occasion I love apple/cinnamon quaker oatmel!