Vegetable challenge?

Options
I'm getting some veggies in my day, but not as many as I'd like, and I see that this is true for some of my friends as well. Is anyone interested in doing a 5-serves-a-day vegetable challenge with me? I'd like to start on Saturday, and keep going for a month - hopefully it will be a habit after that! :)

Replies

• littlefreckle91
    Options
    Me! definitely.I tend to eat way more fruit than veggies because i have such a sweet tooth :blushing: but i've been trying to incorporate more veggies i like zuchinni/carrots etc.. and it would be interesting to see if i could do it! As we are already friends,at the end of each day from Saturday,I'll write in my status how many portions of veggies I've had :D

great idea!
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    bump :D
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    bump :D
    Haha thanks! :flowerforyou: Hopefully there are more people out there who want to eat more veggies! :smile:
  • CyniSister
    CyniSister Posts: 74
    Options
    I would really like to try this too, but I need some more ideas for delicious veggies. I think I get burnt out too quickly. Also what constitutes a serving?
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    me me! I'll do it with you. I'm always trying to find excuses to eat more vegetables :-) How does it work? Should we report back on this post as to how many servings we've had?
  • stephie_renae
    stephie_renae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great challenge! I hardly get any veggies in so this will be interesting!
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    Here's a site that outlines what a 'serve' is: http://www.gofor2and5.com.au/WhatisaServe/tabid/56/Default.aspx

And yes, if people are keen, let's post here how many servings we manage - it's up to you whether you want to do it daily or give an update every few days etc - and definitely feel free to share recipes, too! It's winter here, so I'll probably do some veggie soups, but I also tend to put a lot of veggies in mince-based dishes or casseroles, eat them steamed, or raw with dips like hummus.
  • viri_03
    viri_03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this. :)
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    It would not be fair for me to participate since I ONLY EAT VEGETABLES, whole grains and fruit. :-) Recipes? Google vegetarian recipes and go to work. They are out there by the millions.
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I drink a green smoothie everyday! It is your favorite green leafy veggie with your fruit blended together with water. My favorite veggies are spinach & kale. But there are many!

Here are some recipes if you decide to add one to your diet. :smile:
    http://www.rawfamily.com/recipes
  • MariaLivingFit
    Options
    hhhmmm - I thought i was doing well in the veg category, but I looked at my diary from yesterday and I only had 4 (maybe 5) servings. I'll have to take another look at my menu for today!
  • MariaLivingFit
    Options
    7/11 - got in 5 servings yesterday! yay!
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello........sounds good, I am trying to go mostly Raw, and yesterday I ate far more veggies then fruit......made a soup with my vita mix on high for 7 min in it was broccoli, kale, onion, veggie cube and a bit of cream and dr vogel seasalt, also had brussel sprouts for dinner with a huge salad. Oh and I almost forgot my Raw Zuchini
  • TammyLHaley
    TammyLHaley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thats good I need to work on mine..
  • MariaLivingFit
    Options
    7/12 - 6 servings!
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    Well done mstefanis! I got four serves in today - will aim for better tomorrow!
  • MariaLivingFit
    Options
    7/15 - 7 servings!! woohoo!
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job! All those vitamins! :) I managed to meet my goal of five serves yesterday!
  • MariaLivingFit
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job! All those vitamins! :) I managed to meet my goal of five serves yesterday!

great job!

i don't think I'm going to meet my quota today, but I'll still get ~ 4 servings!