What's your vice?

Options
2»

Replies

• angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    ice cream... and I can eat the healthy ice cream, but I eat like 6 servings of it everytime I sit down. I really need to learn to put one scoop in a bowl, rather then sitting down with the whole carton.... It's just soo good on a warm summer day!

Get tiny cones! They only have like 10 calories in them and they're instant portion control! :happy:
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    For me, it's sugar- in just about any form. I love cake more than I love life, pretty much.
    Me Too I love,love,love sugar which is why I try to eliminate it out of my life. Yup my relationship with sugar is nonexistant.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am a french fries and potato chip girl. With potato chips I have basically removed them from my diet just by looking at the numbers on the bag. This is not so easy with the french fries because they don't tell you how bad they are on the package. :tongue:
  • kissinthedark
    Options
    That's easy: CHINESE! Put me in a Chinese restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet & I'll be happy for hours! =) And the worst part is, I really want to watch my sodium intake and Chinese food is absolutely loaded with MSG. But whatchagonnado, right? =)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That's easy: CHINESE! Put me in a Chinese restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet & I'll be happy for hours! =) And the worst part is, I really want to watch my sodium intake and Chinese food is absolutely loaded with MSG. But whatchagonnado, right? =)
    I have to agree. I love me some chinese food, mmm mmm mmmm so when I do have it, I don't go to buffets any more and only order chicken/broccoli and steamed rice. No eggroll, nothing fried. It's probably still pretty fattening but at least I don't eat anything fried and I'm getting some veggies.

Memaw
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a vice other than good wine. If it's a good bottle, I can suck down the WHOLE bottle, and then another half! I could do that every night of the week given the opportunity. I could forego having dinner for wine...:tongue:
    So, I've weaned myself off of it. From having a bottle, to having 2 glasses, to now having the occasional glass per month... but for me, it's so easy to suck back a bottle without even knowing it!
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    Diet Root Beer. I know it's non-caloric... and I also know it's terrible for me. When I'm at my goal weight, I'll treat myself to quitting diet soda :bigsmile:
  • Daniel78
    Options
    I live in Buffalo (actually Orchard Park, just down the road from the stadium, Go Bills!:bigsmile: ), and I agree the pizza and wings are a killer and every party or gathering you go to that is the menu! I always ask if I can bring a salad so that I can limit myself to one piece of pizza and two wings. I am also willing to excercise like crazy to earn them.

After that it is chocolate. I went from needing some form of milk chocolate every day to now my love is Lindt 90% cocoa and I indulge about once or twice a week...sometimes with natural peanut butter! YUM!:love:

I live in Buffalo too and I completely agree....pizza and wings are a huge downfall!!!! Love them!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!! What a game yesterday, huh??

My home town is Hamburg so I'm right next door! I've been hooked on pizza and wings since I was in my first trimester. My mother would eat both while watching the original Star Wars movies on the big screen. Gee I wonder why I'm so hooked on all of the above rofl!

My wife and I make Buffalo Wings at home in a deep fryer with peanut oil. The sauce recipe is an old Buffalonian secret enriched with sodium and fat, not to mention all of the fat in the peanut oil and chicken skin....oh how I can't resist them!!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Italian!!! Pasta, bread and of course, chocoate
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I live in Buffalo (actually Orchard Park, just down the road from the stadium, Go Bills!:bigsmile: ), and I agree the pizza and wings are a killer and every party or gathering you go to that is the menu! I always ask if I can bring a salad so that I can limit myself to one piece of pizza and two wings. I am also willing to excercise like crazy to earn them.

After that it is chocolate. I went from needing some form of milk chocolate every day to now my love is Lindt 90% cocoa and I indulge about once or twice a week...sometimes with natural peanut butter! YUM!:love:

I live in Buffalo too and I completely agree....pizza and wings are a huge downfall!!!! Love them!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!! What a game yesterday, huh??

It was a great game and I had a happy family and very happy traffic!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    chips - all kinds, especially plain or Kettle-type chips...anything except barbeque.
    :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
    I can't buy them because I just scarf down the whole bag. I never know when to stop & they sure don't ever fill me up! So I just don't allow them in the house.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburgers!! Pizza of course! I do eat them every so often...it's a real treat when I do get to indulge. I find that if I make these things myself instead of going out for them I can save a load of calories...sometimes I wonder how they cram so many calories into things :angry:
  • Linsmom
    Options
    sweet tea....seems like I can not live with out it!

and now that the weather is getting cooler....coffee.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    For me,it's MEXICAN FOOD!!! Any kind!!! Definately my "Red Light" food!!! ;-D
    Over the years I've finally weaned myself off of the problematic foods that I've been accustomed to eating. One of which was the giant green cans of Monster Energy drinks. They were the replacement for my original vice, Mountain Dew! From one to another...

I've finally kicked the bad habit of having soda and energy drinks and have moved onto another. I recently became stationed in the South and the locals are hooked on sweet tea. I quickly gave it up after finding out how bad it is and only consume one glass of coke or pepsi with meals when I eat out. From having 12-20 dews per day to 2-3 Monsters down to 3 or 4 sweet teas a day and finally having no soda on a daily basis I'm finally getting there!

Onto my next problem area.....those damned buffalo wings I grew up on. My home town is making me fat and I don't even live there anymore! I can't give these up so I make them at home in moderation.

What are your problematic vices?
  • Daniel78
    Options

Last year I found a restaurant menu that had the option to ask your waiter/waitress for a meal cooked without MSG added to it. It was an oriental restaurant named The Great Wall in Palmdale, CA. I used to eat there when I was stationed nearby. It's worth asking your local restaurant if they have that option or can offer a healthier choice off of the menu that doesn't contain MSG at all.

I also love oriental food and had to practically give it up completely for my new diet and fitness plan. Lucky for me I can still keep my favorite part, sushi! It's raw, packed with nutrients, healthy fish oils, healthy fat, tons of protein, and fun to eat! Just watch the added condiment sauces that come on some of the rolls, they're loaded with sodium and fat.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    Pepsi!

I will never, ever, ever give up my Pepsi!

Doug