Sports Bra Problem....

Options
I chaffe in the front, just under the girls.

I asked a lady at a boutique today, & she said it could be too big now that I've lost weight.

I'm sorry... but has anybody else's rib cage SHRUNK after almost 20lbs? I'm pretty sure that measurement doesn't really change. Maybe I need a new sports bra? I'm not a very big-chested girl, but I'm definitely on a budget.

Any ideas?

Replies

• BreanneMG
    BreanneMG Posts: 42
    Options
    if your chest its self has shrank then you should go down a size, even with bras its weird a 38C is pretty much the same at a 36D So im not sure what type of sports bra your using but maybe try the "sister" size to it.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I doubt that your rib cage has shrunk, but the layer of fat over it has probably reduced so the measurement is likely to be less.
    Are you on the tightest hooks? If so, it sounds as though it might be time for a new bra, even on a budget they are too important (and painful) to do without.
    Try a size smaller band or a different brand, that might help.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Even at a 20lb loss the measurement around could have gotten smaller and you'll need a new one. The last time I lost a bunch of weight I seemed to lose it all in my chest first, lol! I'd also try another brand that maybe hits a bit lower. I personally like the Champion ones at Target. They're a great price, comfortable, have lined cups and the band hits a little lower than a normal bra hits (at least on me, I'm 5'3") so its more comfortable than other brands I've tried.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i used to be a 32 when i was smaller, now i'm a 38. its probs fat that has left that area :)