What is everyone's Summer bug-bite count up to?

Options
LinaBo
LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
I've got 4 mosquito, 1 spider (serves me right for walking into the shed without using a stick to clear a path, first), and 2 undetermined. Nothing too nasty, as we don't have anything terribly poisonous in BC (our dangerous animals are more on the "big, with pointy teeth and claws" side of deadly), and all are healing. Anyone get any doozies? What was your worse insect/snake bite/sting experience? Anything necrotizing?

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ive gotten a few mosquitos but nothing bad. Its been raining like crazy the last few days so I bet we have a big swarm coming up.

Ive got a funny story. Fortunately it didnt actually happen to me but a friend. We are Girl Scout leaders and we took the girls on their first camping trip in May. My friend is allergic to everything- coffee, pollen, moquitos, grass, trees and a whole other list. Apparently the mosquitos got her good while she was sleeping on her stomach. A few weeks later her husband ran his hand along her back and butt to try to start something. Well it scratched the bug bites and she got all into it (the bug bite scratching). He responded "that wasnt quite was I was going for". LOL.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    i've had at leat 20! they love my sweet meat.
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i've had at leat 20! they love my sweet meat.

I am sooo with you. Rubbing on Neosporin ALL the time.

oops! that's gonna leave a mark......:)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many bites I have gotten total, but there is ONE mosquito in my office that keeps taking a little bit every time he flies by... damn thing is QUICK! I'll get him tho...OoOoh will I get him (actually HER I guess)! :laugh:

Edited to say... JUST DID!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    zero.....but the count will be up to 120 mosquito/black fly/deer fly bites when I get back from camping!....
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I lost count a long time ago... right now I have what I suspect is a spider bite on my right elbow that just won't go away.
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    in total?? probably at least 200.. LOL.
    currently.. just a couple. nothing major so far :)
    we had c130s fly over and spray something to kill mosquitoes this week so hopefully that will take care of them pretty good.... I guess one of the perks of living near a military base..
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I rarely get bitten but last weekend I installed a fence and I am covered! I had to cut down a lot of bushes/ tree branches first so some other them might be spider bites but my legs look like I have some skin disease. And they ITCH! lol
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I couldn't possibly count. Apparently I am delicious, so it's not unusual for me to get 10-20 bites a day. I'm just getting over a bad reaction to mosquito bites -- I had about 30 or so all at once, and they turned bright red and were super itchy for days. Bendaryl is my best friend....
  • cheyenuff
    cheyenuff Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can't count how may I have had. They love me.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Surprisingly I've only had one mosquito bite this year. I'm usually pretty tasty and get a lot. One year when I was a teenager and went camping...I came home after a week with over 70 bites all at once. Plus chiggers. I do not miss chiggers.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options

mosquitoes dont like my blood, thank god. :)
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Only about 2 mosquito bites right now. About 500 sand-flea bites (OMG, do I seriously HATE those little f*ckers!), and one EXTREMELY PAINFUL Queen Ant sting. I didn't know they could - but apparently some of them can. And it hurts/burns really, really bad!
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    0 - Only because I have not been outside much at all. I normally get ate alive.