george forman grill

Options
my mums bought me one as shes heard they are good for helping with weight loss or something, i have no idea what to cook on it or with it. any one got any ideas? theres a few recipies on the website but not many xxx

Replies

• acman145acp
    acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hamburgers , bacon, sausage , etc......

They really let the grease run off ...... how much this helps i don't know.
  • pittcurl
    pittcurl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I grill everything on it.... meats, veggies, and fruits!!! It drains the fat off of anything so it's good to use. I'm about to trade mine in shortly (had for about 10 years now and scrapped it too much after useage).
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have the outside big round one and it blows.. Do you want it? Honestly I am going to have to donate it to the Goodwill or Arc. I have no need for an electic grill when I have an electric stove with the same kind of Teflon coating pans that the G.F. grill has and the food tastes the exact same way. I bought a real grill and all the grease just goes and burns up at the bottom of the bbq flavoring my food unlike the electric G.F. grill does so I am way way way happier with my new purchase.
  • hng2101
    hng2101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We cook EVERYTHING on it. Chicken, steak, hamburgers, everything. It does drain grease off BUT it doesn't really change that much calorie-wise, I don't think.

It's convenient bc we live in an apartment and don't have a grill but we love BBQ style meats so it emulates that.
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    We have one. Used it a few times a while back and that was it. Now that I'm watching my weight, I'm going to bust this thing back out!

Is there a way of logging this on MFP more accurately? I mean, it does get rid of some of the fat.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great idea! I'm going to get mine out and dust it off.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love it! I hate that mine is sitting in storage right now. I cook all kinds of things on it....pork chops, hamburgers, steaks, chicken, etc. I love how it doesn't cook everything in it's own grease, and my food tastes like food and not all greasy.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: we have one at the office. I made rib eye steaks last week and today? Grilled Cheese Sandwiches... no, those were not DIET food... but I plan my calorie intake according to what I want to eat... I will eat a small supper tonight.
    Anything you can grill on an outdoor grill, you can make on a GF grill.
  • Lakeswoman
    Lakeswoman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use mine often. It's old and well used, so and will replace it one of these days.
    Using it tonight to cook pork chops.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Actually I was just looking at getting one.

Trying to find the difference between that and the panini press I already have.
    From what I can tell the only difference is the slant in the grill that allows the fat/grease to drain away?
  • izzie_Preston
    Options
    wow thanks guys:D it was the greece running away from it that interests me i dont want to be eating greecy flavoured foods. can someone tell me if you can cook marinated stuff on it like chicken in spicey yougurt? xx
  • ClareW88
    ClareW88 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes you can cook marinated things, basically anything you would put on a bbq you can do on it. I have also made paninis and toasties on one.
  • olpgirl2003
    Options
    About once a week I cook a bunch of chicken (boneless skinless) on the grill and chop it up to put in the fridge. Takes about 10 minutes and I have cooked chicken to use in salads, sandwiches, etc for the week. Love my George Foreman!
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I only use ours to make panini type sandwiches (and grilled cheese.) Not always the healthiest, but if you do it right it's not too bad either and it sure is delicious! I think meat tastes yucky on it though, but we have a grill, so if you didn't have that option it might be easier to tolerate.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm......we used to make all sorts of stuff on ours, veggies, burgers, sausages, quesadillas.....George Formby Grill.....
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We have one & this is my absolute favorite meal in the world.

1 Portabello Mushroom, whole
    1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced in rings
    1 Vidalia Onion, sliced in rings
    1 Jalapeno or Habanero Pepper, sliced in half
    1 medium Tomato, sliced in half
    1 slice Pepperjack Cheese
    2 TBSP Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Saute veggies in a touch of olive oil, season with Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle. Grill veggies. Melt cheese on mushroom. Layer slices of peppers, onions & tomatoes. Top with hummus. I have eaten this almost every night for about 2 weeks. I am trying not to eat meat but I have had chicken & pork chops grilled with it, too.
  • izzie_Preston
    Options
    wonderful thanks guys :D its here and it even had some little recipies with it too hurrah! if i wasnt in such a bad mood id use it but instead i think im going to shove a crappy ready meal in from the freezer and steam some veg i am NOT in the mood to be in the kitchen tonight lol
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I find that grilling veggies on the GF is much better than on an outdoor grill. Probably because we have a hard time getting them cooked thoroughly before they burn to oblivion outside! So just spray your GF with olive oil, spread sliced veggies (eggplant, zucchini, onions, mushrooms) on the GF and by the time you get the rest of your meal together, they're done!