How do you react when someone notices you have lost weight?

Options
kimmianne89
kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
I think I may be the most awkward person in the universe.

Person: woah have you lost weight?!
Me: What? noooo
Person: You sure you look tiny!
Me: Pfftt I wish I eat like a pig... *head goes down and I start fiddling with something*
Person: Well you look good
Me: *Changes subject as quick as possible*...

And yesterday someone greeted me with Hi Kim, aw looking good! .. and I just completely ignored the comment and was awkward again. -.-

I dismiss any and all hard work I put in to losing weight. I need to learn to just say "aw thanks yeah I have" :D

How do you react?

Replies

• flabby2fabby12
    Options
    LMAO!

I am pretty much the same.

If someone says I look small I am more likely going to get out the belly and say oh yeah sooo tiny and start wiggling it around lol
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    say "thanks, I guess the hard works is finally paying off"
  • kimmianne89
    Options
    LMAO!

I am pretty much the same.

If someone says I look small I am more likely going to get out the belly and say oh yeah sooo tiny and start wiggling it around lol

Lol I have done that too!!
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have learned to say, "yes I have, thanks for noticing" ( when asked if I have lost weight). Before that I gave dumb responses or denied losing..... Not sure why:/
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    lmao sounds like me

fiddles with the waist of my pants...No I really havent lost weight a lot of weight

Thinking to myself...yes someone noticed, doing the happy dance
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    It makes me feel proud when someone comments on my weight loss.
    I just thank them and smile or say, Yeah and I feel much better or something, depends on who it is or where I am.
  • kimmianne89
    Options
    say "thanks, I guess the hard works is finally paying off"

That would be the perfect response. But when the moment comes, it catches me off guard and I feel like grabbing the nearest bit of cake to prove im not . Have no idea why lol
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    How do you react when someone notices you have lost weight? usually i make bow chicka wow wow noises then gyrate in a circle around them and yeah it seems alittle awkward for them but hey thats just how i roll
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I was so like this, lol. But now I just smile, blush a little and say "thank you" and carry on.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    How do you react when someone notices you have lost weight? usually i make bow chicka wow wow noises then gyrate in a circle around them and yeah it seems alittle awkward for them but hey thats just how i roll

LOL!! I love this.....going to have to try it....
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I think I may be the most awkward person in the universe.

Person: woah have you lost weight?!
    Me: What? noooo
    Person: You sure you look tiny!
    Me: Pfftt I wish I eat like a pig... *head goes down and I start fiddling with something*
    Person: Well you look good
    Me: *Changes subject as quick as possible*...

And yesterday someone greeted me with Hi Kim, aw looking good! .. and I just completely ignored the comment and was awkward again. -.-

I dismiss any and all hard work I put in to losing weight. I need to learn to just say "aw thanks yeah I have" :D

How do you react?

LMAO I pretty much react the same!
  • kimmianne89
    Options

Hahah! Love it
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

:heart: Love it!! Wish I had the confidence!!

Me, i try and change the topic as quickly as possible. It's scary-weird for me that people are noticing my weight loss. That and the fact that I can now walk into most high street shops in the UK and buy clothes, where before I was limited to only those that stocked plus sizes (UK size 18 and above)
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have two different reactions... for people I barely know and haven't seen in a while, I do seemingly the most grossly condescending/sarcastic thing ever and say, "have I?"

I don't mean it that way, though... I'd never really paid attention to my body shape before I started losing weight and had a serious lack of mirrors all over my house (I've only JUST recently bought a full-length mirror), so aside from the odd photo I've been horrified with, I hadn't ever really grasped just how I looked from head-to-toe.

For friends, I tend to get embarrassed that they've noticed, smile, nod and then tell them how far I've got to go. The reaction from that is usually, "but you're tiny!" or "you can't lose MUCH more."

My reply is always the same; you haven't seen me without any clothes on. I look relatively slim in clothes, but I'm still around 25lbs over my 'ideal' weight for my height & frame.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

lmao I want to see videos of this! :bigsmile:
  • PatByrne82
    PatByrne82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    depends who says it really
    There's one person in particular if they said it i would feel like they are calling me fat despite the phrase used
    if that makes sense
    Anyone else and I'm usually quite dismissive and just smile
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen a lot of my family for a long time, and I lost 4 stone or 56 pounds between January and April. My fiance died in April and when the people who hadn't seen me in a long time saw me at the funeral, all I heard was you've lost too much weight you need to eat more blah blah (my bmi is still overweight, and I still have about 17 pounds to reach my target)

I had no idea what to reply to them so I just didn't
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    My doctor asked me " Do you know you have lost over 50 lbs? "
    Me " Oh, I was wearing my winter coat when the nurse weighed me"

I usually just smile and say I haven't lost any weight.

@ op
    I not sure if your pictures are right on your profile. I don't see any belly there. Great job young lady! :)
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used to be really big (250 on a 5'4/5'5 frame) and I get compliments on my size now (137/140) all the time. I like the compliments cause I KNOW how different I look and I know how much effort I have put into my weight lose but...
    I still get very insecure about it....
    I am planning a trip back home to Alaska in a week (I moved with my husband to IL almost two years ago) and I have lost about 30 pounds since Ive been here (came here weighing around 165). I KNOW PEOPLE WILL MENTION MY WEIGHT! and even though I am proud and happy with myself and how heathly I live now I still get occward and wanna talk about something else when people metion it.
    You aint alone lady lol
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Ask if they want to help me look for it. That's what you do when you lose things, right?