anybody new to running that can answer a question?

Options
I just added in some jogging into my exercise. I haven't run in years so I have to start very very slow. I have no idea the distance around my house but I would jog 2 laps, walk 2 laps...and eventually I jogged 11 (or 13, lost count) and then walked an equal number. I went from that to my stationary bike for 30 minutes.

How would I log the alternate jogging and walking? Anybody know?

Thanks!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    There are some great posts already that talk about the couch to 5K program. When I first started I used the couck to 5K podcast. It gave me all the prompts I needed, when to run, when to walk, etc. It paces you so you don't overdo it.

Good luck!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I do the run walk method for my training. I also have a heart rate monitor. So I just pick the slowest running which is 12 minute miles. and then I enter the time and change the calories to reflect what my HRM says. I choose the running and then on days when I walk I have that option and can choose that from the list also.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I keep track of my minutes and log the walking and the jogging separately. Walking at either 3.5 or 4.0 mph and jogging at 5.0 mph, I think it works out pretty close.