Who else gets exercise through sports?

Options
tony2009
tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
Hey there,

I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who got most of their exercise by actually playing sports. I play Ultimate at least two nights a week, and will also play basketball a few times a week.

Just this week I've played Ultimate for the past three days, and tonight I have a league that starts up where I'll play two different games. I also played basketball once or twice this week.

During the fall, while I'm in school full time (last year!) I still play Ultimate at least once a week, but I also have marching band every day.

Anyone else play lots of sports?

Replies

• Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I play Ultimate, too :) I play softball also. I few weeks ago I dislocated my throwing shoulder so that killed the softball season, but didn't really affect ultimate. I also play some tennis. Cardio is way more fun with a ball or frisbee.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I get most of mine that way (other than 130-260 calories burned Mon thru Fri doing Aerobics). I play competitive table tennis which works up quite a sweat. I either practice or have match almost every day. I also box and then do rec sports with my 14 yr old son like pitching horseshoes, playing catch, hitting tennis balls, playing corn hole and stuff like that. Once I get all of the weight off (have another 105 pounds to go), I will get back into volleyball (indoor and sand) and kickboxing. I much rather burn my calories having fun playing sports than exercising.
  • beccag28
    beccag28 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I get the majority of my exercise through jazz/ballet dance and I'm also hoping to start playing squash again :). I find it so much easier to play sports than go to the gym
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    well i go hiking, long bike rides, fishing(paddling boat) ... not sure if these are what you call sports but I do them for fun and not for the excercise
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I play tennis frequently.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I do. Monday through Wednesday, I do Water Polo 4 hours a day and 30 mins of jogging/calisthenics, on Thursday and Friday I do 2 hours of Water Polo and 30 minutes of jogging/calisthenics.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not yet. I want to eventually get in good enough shape to play soccer.