getting confused with all the numbers!

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
My BMR is just over 1200 at 5ft 3 and half (usually put 5ft 4 in) and currently back up to 133lbs.

I find it confusing I have gained and I burn off everything I eat instantly by going on passive trainer bike everyday so don't get too many surplus calories.

I've lost extra inch off both waist and abdomen but somehow can't get under 9st 7 and didn't lose any water back off after last months monthlies (I had been 9st 4 before.. just 1lb off my goal).

At first I thought it was cos I had been exercising more and maybe still had water on from muscles so cancelling out the effect of losing water after monthlies.. had few days break and more sleep, trying eating more and still 9st 7! .. I don't know if its my body just doesn't want to go under 9st 7?.. maybe I've reached my 'set point' but took ages to get from 9st 7 to 9st 4 in first place and went back on really quick and won't budge again.. do I have to admit I failed and I'm never gonna get under 9st 7?

It was my original goal but when I got here I then wanted to get to 9st 3 to finish Wii Fit which says I should be 9st 3 and BMI 22. (although its basing that on me putting in height 5ft 4).

I tried eating for weight I want to be and eating calories for 9st (126lbs) to see if I could drop at least 3lbs but that hasn't worked either?

I'm at last resort and thinking of trying fat burners to make me burn more calories faster to get last 3lb off as nothing else is working!

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fat burners are mostly thermogenics, appetite suppressants and caffeine.

You still have to be the one to do the work. They're not the answer.

Do more than cardio, bike's not gonna cut it. Do strength training. No, you wont bulk up like a man. Strength training builds lean muscle, which helps you burn more fat even at rest.