BMR TDEE Calories Confusion

Options
I did some calculations and now I am confused: BMR=1641 and TDEE=2543. So I need to consume more than my BMR but less than my TDEE in order to lose weight. But I also workout 4-5 days a week so do I take into account those calories burned? I know I shouldn't consume less than 1200 calories NET but how do I calculate for sure how many calories I can consume a day with and without exercise? I sit at a desk all day and I usually burn around 380-430 calories when I exercise (according to my HRM).

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but I am horrible with Math and confused very easily unfortunately.

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Your average weekly activity is already factored into the TDEE calculation, that's why you have to chose the activity level multiplier.

Take your TDEE and minus 20% for weight loss, so your daily calorie allowance should be 1962.

Go into the 'goals' section then you can set this manually.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1962 including exercise so I don't need to factor that in, right?
  • Hendrix7
    Options
    1962 including exercise so I don't need to factor that in, right?

Right.
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!! I tend to make things more confusing then they need to be! :laugh:
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    What do you recommend for protein/carbs/fat?
  • Hendrix7
    Options
    What do you recommend for protein/carbs/fat?

Personal choice, depending on how your like to eat. Also depends on what exercise you are doing...the more weight lifting the more protein I would look at getting.

Something like
    40% carb
    30% pro
    30% fat

is pretty standard.

Personally mine are
    35% carb
    35% pro
    30% fat because I like to eat more protein + fats

5% either way is not going to make much difference it's the overall calorie deficit which matters. Find something that works for you. But I would never personally have more than 50% of total cals coming from carbohydrates.
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    You have been extremely helpful - thank you VERY, VERY much!!!!
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    This was exactly what I was looking for! I was confused about the same. Thank you so much! :drinker: