Who's Eating Clean? Wanna Connect

Options
2»

Replies

• prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Add me. I was the eat clean queen when I was growing up..but well..life happens..and a teenage son and husband with different "tastes" does make it hard indeed but I'm getting back to it. It's my favorite way to eat anyway so I'm bringing it all back and I'll let the guys fend for themselves if they can't handle the veggies, etc. I garden organically as well.
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    Pretty sure I've been eating clean, for the most part, for a couple months. Fresh or steamed veggies (always buy fresh), no white flour, the only refined sugar I have is 1 tsp in my coffee, once or twice a week, no starches, really. Except the terrible hamburger helper a few days ago... Ugh. I cook most of my own stuff. I do the 5-6 small meals, drink a ton of water, can't have alcohol, ex-smoker, on and on. I just considered this healthy eating, though.
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'd love to be added.

I have done some reading awhile back on clean eating and am trying to move towards that again. I am trying to cut out processed foods and the refined sugars, white flours, etc. but am not 100% there yet.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you're not ready to buy any books and looking for more info on clean eating and healthy exercise. I recommend the following sites.

www.heandsheeatclean.com
    www.whitneycarlson.com
    www.100daysofrealfood.com (this one is a bit more strict than i'm ready to go yet, but she has great ideas and recipes)

All these pages have FB pages too

This is where I got my start before I bought ANY books or magazines. I was pretty much eating close to this so these websites helped me push further. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE food and eat about 1500 -1600 cals in 6 meals.

I have 6 proteins, 6 complex carbs, 3 veggies and 2 fruit servings in a day (plus some healthy fat in there). It may not be for everyone but I've had more energy that ever before. I also drink 1 cup of green tea in the morning and 9 cups of water a day. I'm not much of a coffee person, but do enjoy it on the weekends. Coffee is okay because it's a product of nature.
  • pabule
    pabule Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a former cupcake and milk lover!! I have a medical condition that causes my joints to wear out too soon. My wake up call came when I was told that I would need a double total knee replacement before my 50th Birthday! At this point, I turned to natural remedies and I've been transitioning to eating clean for the past 14 months. My diet is completely free of gluten, processed foods, milk, and sugar. The only exception is dark chocolate. I've tried removing different components and adding them back...when I listened to my body it screamed that this is the only way for me to go! Even with all of this, regular exercise, and tracking my food on mfp, weight loss is slow. Over the past months, I've been beginning each day with at least 5 glasses of water and waiting an hour to eat (google the Japanese water cure and check it out, you won't be disappointed). I've also learned that I need to include cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, or brussels sprouts daily. This triggers a fat releasing hormone! I read everything I can get my hands on, try what makes since, and then listen to my body to determine what works for me. I can sum up what it means to me pretty easily, when I eat foods from the traditional American diet, I feel like I might not live another day. When I eat clean, I feel like I could live forever!! I don't know about you, but I choose forever!! Life is Good!!!
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think I eat fairly clean...No bagged products, sometimes the occasional canned vegetables or tuna, but mainly all fresh products.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am working on it - gotten better at shopping the perimeter of the market and buying products from local, small stores but I think I can still improve a lot, so I am interested in interacting with clean eaters for tips and advice.
  • Preikschas
    Preikschas Posts: 37
    Options
    I haven't made a full transition but I want to, I do have slip ups. I have made the decision to eat clean about a month ago, I have limited resources and would LOVE to be friends with ppl who can share some tips and recipes
  • britneyy32
    britneyy32 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I added you! :) I'm trying really hard to eat clean and I'm eating clean about 90% of the time. I would love to have a completely clean diet at some point!