Question...

Options
I was thinking that I am really more concerned with how my clothes fit, I will be happy with my size when my size 10 jeans fit the way they did just 6 months ago... SO I did ym measurements yesterday, I did my bust, waist, right at my belly button and around my butt I was wondering if this would be better to do as opposed to just weighing myself... I am going gunghoe on the exercising starting this afternoon when I get off of work and the eating better as well. I am going to weigh myself at the gym so I can have a starting weight and maybe like once a month just to see that kind of progress but I was wondering if there were a lot of people that tried that as opposed to just weighing themselves and had some good results... I was also wondering if weight training twice a week would be ok to start off with on top of cardio as much as possible... There is a class at my gym on Mondays and Wednesdays called Power Pump that is cardio/weight training for an hour a day... Any ideas....??

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that I am really more concerned with how my clothes fit, I will be happy with my size when my size 10 jeans fit the way they did just 6 months ago... SO I did ym measurements yesterday, I did my bust, waist, right at my belly button and around my butt I was wondering if this would be better to do as opposed to just weighing myself... I am going gunghoe on the exercising starting this afternoon when I get off of work and the eating better as well. I am going to weigh myself at the gym so I can have a starting weight and maybe like once a month just to see that kind of progress but I was wondering if there were a lot of people that tried that as opposed to just weighing themselves and had some good results... I was also wondering if weight training twice a week would be ok to start off with on top of cardio as much as possible... There is a class at my gym on Mondays and Wednesdays called Power Pump that is cardio/weight training for an hour a day... Any ideas....??
    I went to http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com they give you a list of eveything you should measure .... hope that helps
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

I don't know about everyone else, but, although I have measured thousands of people in my career, I find it more difficult to measure myself and get consistent results. My wife always gets better measurements for me than I do myself.

Of course, I always tell her that, to ensure accuracy, I have to be naked when she does the measuring.

Sometimes it works.....................................
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options

I don't know about everyone else, but, although I have measured thousands of people in my career, I find it more difficult to measure myself and get consistent results. My wife always gets better measurements for me than I do myself.

Of course, I always tell her that, to ensure accuracy, I have to be naked when she does the measuring.

Sometimes it works.....................................
    I'm pretty sure the measurements would be even more accurate if your wife were naked when doing the measuring.:tongue:
  • greeneal
    Options
    Doing weight training with your cardio is highly recommended if you want to loose weight quicker. And you are on the right track! You will be building muscle on top of loosing fat so your scales may not tell you what you want it too. In this case taping yourself will be more accurate to see the progress you are making.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Measuring is a good thing to do, only really need to about once a month, as weight can be deceiving. Just remeber that you have to be consistant on measuring, using the same place every time otherwise you won't have accurate numbers. Good luck and stick with it, things will come into shape. :glasses: