What are some of your favorite low-cal foods?

Options
I am HOOKED on Progresso's Light soups.... 120 calories for the can and they fill me up to the point where I feel like I'm going to burst! And they taste yummy too.

What are some of your favourite low-cal foods?

Replies

• sixela310
    Options
    what is you favorite one?
    I love the V8 soups - have you tried those yet?

I am also a big fan of jello sugar free pudding snacks, although i'm trying to cut back on artificial sweeteners.

Have you heard of Shirataki noodles? HungryGirl is always raving about them, so I bought some and I'm going to try her fake fettucini alfredo recipe.

I also love the South Beach diet fake mashed potatoes (actually cauliflower) - great for dinner when my husband is eatings potatoes or rice!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Squash! I just recently discovered it, and I think I'm in love! Spaghetti squash seems to be my favorite so far, you can add a little bit of olive oil & grated low fat cheese or a bit of marinara sauce for a yummy dinner ! At 25 calories per 1/2 cup I'm pretty sure it's a dieters dream. As long as you like the taste that is :)
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    PIEROGIES!
    amazingly enough I just found out 3 are 160 calories. I love those little things.
    Cereals. Jumbo Rice Krispies are 90 cals for 1 cup. Multi grain cheerios are 110 cals for 1 cup.
    Fish. Gortons crunchy garlic herb fillets, specifically.
    Honey turkey slices.
    Honey wheat bread from Natures Pride and Whole wheat from Brownberry.
    Tuna with various Pasta Roni flavors.
    Edys double churned ice creams. 130 calories for a half cup.
    oh and Hormel maple bacon is only 80 calories for 2 slices.
  • tryingagain2
    tryingagain2 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I am also a big fan of jello sugar free pudding snacks, although i'm trying to cut back on artificial sweeteners.

Have you heard of Shirataki noodles? HungryGirl is always raving about them, so I bought some and I'm going to try her fake fettucini alfredo recipe.

I also love the South Beach diet fake mashed potatoes (actually cauliflower) - great for dinner when my husband is eatings potatoes or rice!

LOVE the butternut squash one:smooched: :tongue:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

V8 soups? I can't wait until these come to Canada! We always seem to get any kind of new products later. I'm still waiting on those yummy looking yogurts that are in the flavors of desserts!
  • tryingagain2
    tryingagain2 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i love to make healthy pizza's on multigrain wraps or high fiber pita

I make all types....sometimes I use crushed tomatos and fresh mozzarella and basil and broil it and omg yummy...sometimes I make it w/ tons of veggies and skim mozzarella or anytype of light cheese and no sauce and broil it and wow!

its yummy crunchy, chewy and hot.....a really good comfort food w/out the extra cals

I also have been experimenting w/ baked apples.....they are delicious...so far I've tried w/ a tsp of butter, cinnamon and nutmeg....then I tried no butter and brown sugar.....both were so yummy!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Squash! I just recently discovered it, and I think I'm in love! Spaghetti squash seems to be my favorite so far, you can add a little bit of olive oil & grated low fat cheese or a bit of marinara sauce for a yummy dinner ! At 25 calories per 1/2 cup I'm pretty sure it's a dieters dream. As long as you like the taste that is :)

Yes I love spaghetti squash too, I put marinara sauce on it!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options

V8 soup??? Will check our store. Believe it or not we only have one grocer and it's Albertson's!!!
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options

I love the Vegetable and Noodle one.
    I haven't tried the V8 ones yet... I do have a coupon for them so I'll have to get them when I go grocery shopping :)
    Where do you find Shirataki noodles? I've looked almost everywhere for them with no luck :(
  • cwvanek
    Options

I haven't had squash in forever! I'm definatly going to have to get some now on my next trip to the grocery store.
  • cwvanek
    Options
    PIEROGIES!
    amazingly enough I just found out 3 are 160 calories. I love those little things.
    Cereals. Jumbo Rice Krispies are 90 cals for 1 cup. Multi grain cheerios are 110 cals for 1 cup.
    Honey turkey slices.
    If I had to live off of just pierogies I would be a happy woman :P
  • cwvanek
    Options
    i love to make healthy pizza's on multigrain wraps or high fiber pita

I make all types....sometimes I use crushed tomatos and fresh mozzarella and basil and broil it and omg yummy...sometimes I make it w/ tons of veggies and skim mozzarella or anytype of light cheese and no sauce and broil it and wow!

its yummy crunchy, chewy and hot.....a really good comfort food w/out the extra cals

I also have been experimenting w/ baked apples.....they are delicious...so far I've tried w/ a tsp of butter, cinnamon and nutmeg....then I tried no butter and brown sugar.....both were so yummy!

I made a similar pizza dish as a snack for my son and I, but I used whole wheat english muffins (my son won't eat pitas or wraps... he's a picky toddler) and he LOVED them he calls them his "baby pizzas"
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making a greek salad (tomatoes, olives, cucumber, feta) and adding some tuna for protein. Yummy. :tongue:
  • nicoledenyse
    Options
    im obsessed with chocolate and russel stovers has 100 cal sugar free choco. bars with 0 grams fat that are to die for!!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    PIEROGIES!
    Honey turkey slices.
    If I had to live off of just pierogies I would be a happy woman :P
    Im pretty sure I could come close to living off of pierogies but I just fell in love with Japanese food and Indian food so I would love that to be in my diet as well :P