Scoliosis

Options
DrMAvDPhD
DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
I am looking for other people with scoliosis (mild to severe) to start a group. I know for me, my severe scoliosis has a major impact on my goals, exercise, and body image and would like to find support from others who are going through the same thing. Anyone on here interested?

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    *bump* really? nobody? 1 in 3 people have mild scoliosis!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    *sniff* I'm desperate here.
  • sharimsu
    sharimsu Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Just found this post. Did not even know myfitnesspal had such a place. Found it on line.

I am two years post-surgery. I have a scoliosis blog, check it out if you want.

www.scoliosisthejourney.com

I will friend you on here and we can keep each other motivated. If you start a group, I would join it.

What state are you in?
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Just saw this. mild here. I did just have xrays due to an injury & they showed my scoliosis was stable. Still wonder if it made me more vulnerable to this herniated disc.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    So glad some people finally found this!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    I've invited everyone who contacted me or posted here so far, but here is a link to the group I created for future reference:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7217-scoliosis
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi! Fellow Scoliosis friend here. Mine was maybe still is bad.I had to wear a back brace for 4 years when i was younger. :ohwell: Weight gain definitely has made an impact on the amount of back pain i have now. sigh.

Add me to the group! :happy: