WHAT CHINESE DISH CAN I EAT THATS NOT CALORIFIC?

Options

Replies

• EmsyGoal
    EmsyGoal Posts: 11
    Options
    Oh its just Northern Ireland talk for high in calories...sorry. Thanks, do quite like the chicken chow meins.:smile:
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I usually get a pint of the Veggie Lo Mein..it isn't too bad.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    home made chow mein or stir fry x :bigsmile:
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have chicken & mushroom and plain boiled rice from the Chinese once a week. I always count it and I still lose weight. It's my weekly treat :)
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    I like to order steamed chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce on the side. If you let the garlic sauce sit for a minute, you can spoon most of the oil off of the top. Once you have all those unnecessary calories out of the way, dip fork in sauce and eat that way. Pouring on the sauce always gets me in trouble. A little bit goes a long way!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    teriyaki chicken and brown rice isnt bad for calories but it all seems to be very high in sodium!
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Some places have a chicken lettuce wrap that is pretty decent.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    when I order chinese I go for their healthy diet area and order steamed shrimp and mixed veggies. steamed rice and plum sauce on the side. No sauces or glazes.just dip parts of my dinner in the plum sauce and logg it. Heck 5 steamed shrimp are only about 50 calories. Of course they give so much you still need to regulate your amounts. You should be able to get of a normal dinner 2 or three filling meals. the plum sauce is fairly low or you can use the sweet and sour sauce on the side by the tablespoons or dipping is les cals.
    Also I have discoverd miracle noodles which have zero everything, but adheres to the flavor of your stir fry. some resturants offer them, I useally do them at home with my own less sodium stir fry.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    fortune cookie....

(Trust me, my family owns a bunch of Asian Cuisine Restaurants and all the food is BAD FOR YOU!)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I really don't like chinese, so when my husband is really craving it, I stick to the fruit bar. I load up on canteloupe and pineapple, and I'll have whatever chicken I can find that's not smothered in questionnable sauce. I really hate buffet style chinese. Barf.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Beef and Broccoli
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want just stay within your calorie allotment or exercise to burn your overage.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't go out to Chinese often, but usually now a days I get the beef & broccoli meal. This tends to fit into my calorie goal pretty well. If you are looking to maybe have something a little more sinful, just eat less calories throughout the day, or eat a small serving of it. :]
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    Some places have a chicken lettuce wrap that is pretty decent.

How could I forget!??! I had these as an appetizer at my wedding too ;-). SOOO Tasty!
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS get steamed chicken, steamed broccoli, and white rice with NO sauce... i LOVE IT!! granted when my dog is sick i share with him but i think it's delish with some salt and pepper... yum now i want that for lunch!
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like to order the "Happy Family" and ask them to prepare it without oil.
    It's essentially a load of veggies, with shrimp, scallops, beef, pork, and chicken in a brown sauce. You can even ask for the sauce on the side.

For me, it's a great way to feel like I've sampled a little of everything in one dish. If I'm feeling real sassy I'll order an egg roll and give half to my boyfriend =)

good luck!
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I dont eat much chinese out but when I do, I indulge.

However - I've found that most frozen oriental dishes from Trader Joes are excellent. I just had the "Chicken Chow Mein". Its in the freezer section.... 310 calories for 1/2 the bag INCLUDING sauce. Its quite tasty.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Get what you like and only eat half. Save the other half for lunch tomorrow. Work you *kitten* off to burn a few extra cals and you'll be good to go.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just recently found out that when you call in an order for chinese like general tso's you can request white meat and tell them to go light on the sauce. Even better then the original.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    We order Moo Shu pork, light sauce - no pancakes. Just a mix of meat, mushrooms, carrots, sprouts, cabbage. You can Moo Shu anything, chicken, beef, shrimp, vegetables. Decent calories for 1c serving.