3 oz of baby carrots

Options
is 35 calories.

How many baby carrots would that be exactly?

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I think that's about 9 or 10 averaged sized ones?
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I read 14 somewhere..
  • jumatwins
    jumatwins Posts: 74
    Options
    that is why I use a scale...:happy:
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    invest in a scale
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Time for a scale!
  • Scalesareforthefishes
    Scalesareforthefishes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    10 carrots
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Really? Get a scale or don't eat them.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Last time I measured out carrots, 3oz was around 10-12 carrots, depending on their sizes.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... kitchen scales are more important than bathroom scales :bigsmile:
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just weighed them on my scale. There was 12 of them for 3 oz. I agree, get a food scale. It's so much more accurate.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Vegetables provide a variety of nutrients, and carrots are no exception. A ½ cup serving of baby carrots contains 190 percent of your daily vitamin A recommendations. Vitamin A is essential for healthy

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/301830-how-many-calories-is-a-serving-of-baby-carrots/#ixzz20Kaw9Zoa
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    about a dozen. I have a scale, but I don't usually weigh my veggies. I'm sure I'll rot in hell for that.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just eat em! I am sure you can afford to go over by 35-40 calories by consuming carrots. It's not that serious.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree with the kitchen scale. Mine is ancient and still works like a dream I love it! Baby carrots are usually between 10-12 for 3 oz. Good luck :wink:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    About 11 in my experience, but I think a few extra are unlikely to ruin your diet ;-)

(Please don't listen to the person who says buy a scale or don't eat them, what a ridiculous notion, they're very good for you)
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Seriously? Could you be more rude and non supportive? You dont know her situation, if they have any in stock or not at her store or even if she has the money right now to invest in one! I do not have one either right now specifically because we just dont have the extra cash right now. To the OP, I use google ALOT when it comes to figuring out the ozs and such and it helps! May have to do some digging and go to a couple different websites to find out but I usually get the answer Im looking for!:) Best of luck to you!!:)

~Carrie~
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    It's 10 baby carrots :)
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Seriously? Could you be more rude and non supportive? You dont know her situation, if they have any in stock or not at her store or even if she has the money right now to invest in one! I do not have one either right now specifically because we just dont have the extra cash right now. To the OP, I use google ALOT when it comes to figuring out the ozs and such and it helps! May have to do some digging and go to a couple different websites to find out but I usually get the answer Im looking for!:) Best of luck to you!!:)

~Carrie~
    Three posts before me state "that is why I use a scale" "invest in a scale" "Time for a scale"

So by reading the posts it's anywhere between 9 & 14 baby carrots.

I feel like eating an apple. MFP states "Fruit - Apple - Fuji (130 g)" is 80 calories. Is that a small apple, medium apple or possibly a large apple? If I was that worried about 35 calories or 80 calories, I wouldn't eat it.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    that is why I use a scale...:happy:

^^^^ Agreed. I don't know what I would do without mine
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A scale is definitely the best way to go! I measured out two individual 3 oz servings last night and one had 7 carrots and the other had 10.