Tell me to step away from the scale...

dinosgirl
dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been doing pretty well this first week - only one day did I let lose and slip from my diet. And I worked out for 6 out of the 7 days (40-60 mins each time, cardio/resistance).

But I am up half a pound. :ohwell:

I know I shouldn't worry since I am only a week into this but it does get discouraging at times. My clothes are fitting better but I hate looking at that scale. I feel like it will never go down...

Ugh. Just wanted to vent.

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    For the first 6 weeks that I was here I didn't even own a scale. Had no clue what was happening with my weight. But I knew I felt better, my clothes fit way better and I had more energy than I had in years.

Here you go : STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE :glasses:

Seriously though, it does you no good. Do what's right and everything will work out for you.
  • I agree. Don't look at it.
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    I also agree....looking at that number on the scale is so not all its about. You will be able to tell when your clothes feel looser and you will feel so much better...I know I can already tell a difference in how my clothes feel and havent lost that much weight...but its all good....weight goes up and down day by day...so step away from the scale for a while...and im sure when you do weight yourself again you will be happy with what you see....We are so much more than a number....its how you feel that is important....good luck....you can do it!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Set 1 day of the week at the same time each week that you weigh your self. For example I weigh on Fridays before breakfast. Then tell yourself you are not to STEP on that scale until that day.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    I haven't weighed or measured myself since July 6. I use to drive myself nuts
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Hi There.
    I want to let you know that I did an experiament with the scale for about 3 weeks I would step on the scale many times a day and watch the numbers they can go up and down at least 3 lbs in a day. So dont worry about the numbers and like Momma 2four says once a week same time each week you will get there :smile:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I'm addicted too.

I jumped on the scale this morning and it was down 4 pounds. :noway: . I got off and back on. Up 2 pounds. Total of 6 pounds difference :huh: . I scootched the scale over a bit and got back on. Down 3 pounds. Again. Down 1 pound. Still down 1 pound. 1 pound. Bah!!

What's this mean? Not a dadgum thing, lol.

Well, maybe that my scale stinks and my floor is uneven.

What does mean something is that the brand new size 8's I bought are feeling a little looser around the waist. Now that's improvement!

Don't weigh. Stormie....do not weigh yourself!!

<wanders off mumbling to herself...don't weigh, scales lie...>
  • I'm addicted too.

I jumped on the scale this morning and it was down 4 pounds. :noway: . I got off and back on. Up 2 pounds. Total of 6 pounds difference :huh: . I scootched the scale over a bit and got back on. Down 3 pounds. Again. Down 1 pound. Still down 1 pound. 1 pound. Bah!!

What's this mean? Not a dadgum thing, lol.

Well, maybe that my scale stinks and my floor is uneven.

What does mean something is that the brand new size 8's I bought are feeling a little looser around the waist. Now that's improvement!

Don't weigh. Stormie....do not weigh yourself!!

<wanders off mumbling to herself...don't weigh, scales lie...>

Yep. My scale does that. :grumble:

I'm convinced it's evil.:devil:

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.