30 Day Shred - Question

Options
So yesterday was my first day of 30DS. I tried it in the evening again too, but could only do it for 4 minutes. Since then my muscles have been really stiff, and sore, and I can barely go to stand up and walk around. I was wondering if anyone else had these issues? I want to try it again this morning, but don't know if that would be a really good idea. :\

Replies

• RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was my first day of 30DS. I tried it in the evening again too, but could only do it for 4 minutes. Since then my muscles have been really stiff, and sore, and I can barely go to stand up and walk around. I was wondering if anyone else had these issues? I want to try it again this morning, but don't know if that would be a really good idea. :\

Yes! The first time I did it, I could not do it again because I was soooo sore. Just give it a couple of days and then try it again. I could not even make it all the way through, I just took little breaks until i could.
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I didn't realize I'd be THAT sore afterwards. I think I'll just try and take a bit of a hike this morning.
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Me neither, but it was a killer!
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    Yeah it was! I'm really glad I got it. :) I may be sore, but at least I know it's definitely working!
  • Katiekitty1988
    Options
    Just ease yourself into it, I hurt so badly after the first time I did it, and I had to take so many breaks. But it becomes easier.
  • calliangelo
    Options
    which weights have you been using?
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I started Monday and was very sore yesterday. I did it yesterday anyway, but a little slower and took a short break. I'm still sore today, but not as bad. I think I'm going to do a lot of stretching before and after doing it today to see if that helps.
  • labellavitaxo
    Options
    I've had people on here say don't stretch too much, but the only thing that got me through it is making sure I stretched before and after. My legs were very sore after the first day, but not so much after the second and third days.
  • issac_munster
    Options
    I started Friday and I was extremely sore the next day. I have done it four times now (only skipped Sunday) and it has gotten better. Still tough but the fourth go was much easier. I'm still sore but a good sore :)
  • funkybubbles
    Options
    I guess i wont be doing this again in the morning then huh? Haha iv just done my very first one, and i totally loved it!!
    I honestly think this is my new motivation now, iv also started running too and want to keep that up.

I found the crunches hard as i can not bring my head up very far but i know i will get there!!
    Im dreading the pain tomorrow haha

x
  • janrarey
    janrarey Posts: 10
    Options
    I use to go for a 15 to 30 minute walk to loosen up before I did it in the morning. My hubby and I had been exercising for years when we got the 30 day Shred. We thought we were going to be fine doing it. It kicked both of our butts the first time. It does get easier so keep it up. You will be so proud of yourself when you complete it all the first time.

Best of luck
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I use to go for a 15 to 30 minute walk to loosen up before I did it in the morning. My hubby and I had been exercising for years when we got the 30 day Shred. We thought we were going to be fine doing it. It kicked both of our butts the first time. It does get easier so keep it up. You will be so proud of yourself when you complete it all the first time.

Best of luck

Yeah, I took a walk/hike this morning, and it seems like my legs are feeling better.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS on Monday too and thought I would just die :noway: . I pushed through it and was soooo sore yesterday :sad:. I wasn't going to try it again yesterday because I was so sore, but decided to give it a try anyway. It wasn't as hard but I still had to take a couple of really short breaks (a few seconds), especially during the jumping jacks and jump rope parts. I can't lift my head very far for the crunches either, but I know what I'm doing is better than nothing because my abs are sore too. Just keep pushing as far as you can...no pain, no gain. I'm sure we'll be pleased with the results if we stick to it. Best of luck to you. :drinker:
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 today and after the first day I was extremely sore. I could barely get myself to walk upstairs. As I've been doing it every day though the soreness has worn off. Now just my arms are a bit sore. Also, as I've been doing it I don't have to take as many breaks, so it gets easier. Good Luck!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice, and yes, I was SUPER stiff the first time around. Run a nice warm bath and let your muscles soak up the soothing heat. Eat a banana or a potato for the potassium and some yogurt or chicken for protein and then get back in there! Your endurance will improve and you will love it! Just wait until level 2!
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Good lord! This sounds brutal haha....I just got it but I keep putting it off because I am kinda scared to start it hahaha.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I used 8lb hand weights and I COULD NOT MOVE FOR FOUR DAYS. It was so hard. I actually gave it a day's rest and then did the next day the following morning. It's only that bad after the first day or so, you will adapt in no time!
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The first couple of days are the WORST! My walk resembled a duck's waddle and going upstairs? Forget about it! lol.
    I'm going on Day 8 of Level 1 today - but I've been doing 2 days on, 1 day off schedule. My muscles thank me for the recovery day, and I find that I don't dread the next day of the shred nearly as much! Good luck!
  • specialkyc
    Options
    Good lord! This sounds brutal haha....I just got it but I keep putting it off because I am kinda scared to start it hahaha.

It'll all be worth it. Now's as good a time as any. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :wink:
  • specialkyc
    Options
    The first time I did it, I used 8lb hand weights and I COULD NOT MOVE FOR FOUR DAYS. It was so hard. I actually gave it a day's rest and then did the next day the following morning. It's only that bad after the first day or so, you will adapt in no time!

Woah!! 8lb weights?! :noway: That's crazy...I probably would have died. I'm struggling with 3lb weights.