Helpful advice needed!

arzgirl5
arzgirl5 Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been working out everyday and eating 1200 calories or less for the last couple of weeks and the weight is not coming off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Any tricks that get things moving a little faster??

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Have you been eating your exercise calories
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    You may need to up your calories a little. If our bodies get too few calories they will go into starvation mode and you won't lose anything, the body will hold on to fat and use up muscle -not good! Try eating more (make sure it's healthy) and I'm sure the weight will come off.
  • Svemirka
    Svemirka Posts: 13 Member
    how much are you working out and how many calories are you burning per workout?
  • Svemirka
    Svemirka Posts: 13 Member
    p.s. whenever I have lost weight, initially in the first couple of weeks the scaled doesn't seem to budge and then when it starts dropping...it keeps going so don't get discouraged because the scale hasn't budged yet - it takes a bit of time for your body to adjust to your new lifestyle and start reacting
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    If you have been following the eating and exercise plan that you have set out for yourself on MFP, and it is a realistic weight loss target, you should give it more time than a couple of weeks. It's not unusual for the body to gain a pound or two in the first couple of weeks, as you adjust. Most of this is water that your newly working muscles are holding on to. So if you are actually staying the same weight, you really are burning fat, but the scale is balanced out by this water retention.

Hang in there - the benefit will come! Right now focus on other things than the scale - are you feeling better? Do you clothes fit a little loser? Are you noticing an improvement in endurance?

Good luck - you are on your way! :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks for all the helpfull advice! It really does keep me motivated. I love all the support on this site!
This discussion has been closed.