New to the site, Nice to meet you!

Options
Desterknee
Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
Good morning everyone!

I joined yesterday, on my 25th birthday and I love this site already. I started my weight loss plan over the weekend and even 2 days of logging and calorie counting was becoming tedious. Finding this site was great luck and a nice b-day present. It will definitely help me. And having a supportive community will help me. I don't have any weight loss buddies to speak of.

My goal is 40lbs bringing me down to 120. Scratch that. The real goal is being healthy and active, to treat my body with the love and respect it deserves. Losing weight will just be a happy side effect :)

My story is pretty simple. I was of average weight until the age of 18/19 then I started packing on the pounds. No more mandatory gym 3 days a week at school took its toll. I became a pothead unfortunately which a) made me really lazy and b) made me stuff my face relentlessly. Add that to emotional over eating and 6 years later I weigh 160 at 5'2 which according to the BMI calculator puts me dangerously close to obese. Geez. A few health problems made me snap out of the face stuffing frenzy I was in. None of it was related to my weight but I just know that becoming more active and eating well would improve my health overall. I also know that the older I get the harder it will be to lose. I want to have children in 5 years and I want to be a positive role model for them, and able to play with them and run around with them and set a good example so it starts now.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to add me. Good luck to everyone! We can do it!

Replies

• FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am new too and I am in sort of the same position. I was pretty normal weight all through high school but college happened and I am honestly just tired of feeling lethargic and uncute...

ALSO, I am SO EXCITED to start eating well again, because I know how great it makes you feel! Like, at least for me my body just gets so happy!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Eating well really does make such a difference. I joined a food co-op to gain access to locally grown organic fruits and veggies as well as organic, grass fed, pasture raised beef and other organic meats which is hard to find at affordable prices in NYC. Changing my diet in that way (even if I was still over eating) helped me to feel better, gave me more energy, and encouraged me to keep going forward in a healthy lifestyle. This is the next step. Thanks for posting