When do you log your meals?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I log whenever it's convenient. It could be the start of the meal as I am preparing it, and can scan the bar codes... it may be after the meal... it may be after dinner when I am relaxing. Sometimes I may fall asleep early and forget to log my day, so I do it the following morning! =)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day during the week, so I log those first thing in the morning. Sometimes I plan my dinner by logging it ahead of time so I know how many calories I have left before I actually eat something. Sometimes I wait until after I eat dinner to log it. Really, it depends mostly on how busy I am. I am not one of those people who feels more accountable by logging ahead of time. It's not like I HAVE to eat what I logged. I can always go back and change my diary if I end up eating something different. So it doesn't really matter to me.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I tend to log what I can just slightly before eating it, to know how it affects my macros. When it comes to meat, chicken, etc., it can be slightly before (but after it's cooked), during, or after. I don't tend to eat actual meals a lot, I prefer an almost "munching" approach, so obviously that affects when I log as well.