Day 1 Looking for friends and support!

Options
Today is Day 1 for me. I have never actually went on a diet before. I am hoping that joining here and having people to talk to helps. I am a 30 year old mom to 4. I have 3 boys and 1 stepdaughter. They range in age from12 to 2 so they keep me pretty busy.

Replies

• Jessamyfrm
    Jessamyfrm Posts: 89
    Options
    Congrats, you're here in the first place which is Step 1!

I personally wouldn't think of it as a "diet", that sounds controlling, boring and blerghh. Think of it as a new healthy lifestyle.

I cannot stand diets as they seem to focus on one main food group which is bland. As long as you stay motivated and positive you'll be absolutely fine.

My Mum is always going on about how tired she is after a day of looking after me and my siblings so count that as Work out number 1 done ;)
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me too! Don't let the kids and your being busy be an excuse...but a reason to meet your goals...... losinglbs. :)
  • msalmaj
    msalmaj Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome and here's to a good start for you and the rest of your life. I agree with most, that the word "diet" is so out dated. I too, love "life style change" or is it "change in life style"? Oh well, you get the picture. Looking forward to seeing you share your progress.:smile:
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Welcome :-) I am on week two of my "Life style" change.
    Add me!
  • Chan0629
    Chan0629 Posts: 19
    Options
    Day 1 for me too! You can do this lifestyle change!
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    Day 2 for me. I would love to be your friend.
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • kfitt10
    kfitt10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All of you just starting out can feel free to add me...I am 1 month in!
  • judsywudsy
    judsywudsy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have been here for a lil over a week. So feel free to add me.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Day 45 for me.. Anyone feel free to add me I'm on here daily... I try to support everyone.. I'm 31 I have two girl of my own (10 and 2) and I have 4 step kids (15, 12, 10 and 6)
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to send me a request!
  • Terree83
    Terree83 Posts: 93
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck on your new lifestyle journey!

Feel free to add me! Always look for support and to help support!
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't think of it as a "diet", that sounds controlling, boring and blerghh. Think of it as a new healthy lifestyle.

I cannot stand diets as they seem to focus on one main food group which is bland. As long as you stay motivated and positive you'll be absolutely fine.

Definately agree, don't think of it as a diet! I used to be addicted to a few foods (McDonalds fries, Reese's, Cheetos, the list can go on), but now I have found healthier alternatives and don't even crave them anymore. I actually now have a craving for mustard and zuchini fries (weird, but delish!)
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome - this is is a wonderful place to start your journey- I consider it a lifestyle for me now- 2 months in a lifetime to be healthier :smile:
  • bconrad64
    bconrad64 Posts: 6
    Options
    My first day too. Good luck.
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 1 for me. I have never actually went on a diet before. I am hoping that joining here and having people to talk to helps. I am a 30 year old mom to 4. I have 3 boys and 1 stepdaughter. They range in age from12 to 2 so they keep me pretty busy.

Congrats! and Welcome! Getting started is the hardest part. Stick with it and it'll be habit soon enough.
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    Welcome to MFP; and I certainly pray the best for you and your goal(s). Do feel free to add me...
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Been here since April. NOT a diet, it is most definitely a lifestyle. A healthier lifestyle = a healthier you. You can do it!
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Hi there! I've been around for awhile, but I'd be more than happy to offer support. Feel free to add me :)
  • mizznikki35
    mizznikki35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started a month ago. The toughest part was making the decision to make a lifestyle change. After you start to see progress, you will be even more motivated to reach your goals. Feel free to add me!