Ladies: body frame & height & BF% What's ur goal?

Options
Hi I was wondering what everyone's different build what and their weight and body fat % and size goals are?.... I want to make sure I am not being un realistic with mine....

I am Almost 5'6" ...I'm really 5' 5.75" so I round up :) and right now I am 142lbs & 25%BF and 8/10. My current goal is 130 pounds and 18% BF and size 4/6 in pants/jeans. I am a medium to large build I THINK.... because I am pear shaped. VERY pear shaped. ( 34" 27" 40.5" )

Am I being unrealistic to hope to be a size 4 jeans some day when I have big hips?.... Would I have to be less than 130?...

What's your frame, height, BF% and goals?....

Replies

• MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    18% body fat is not unrealistic. But it definitely won't be easy either. At that weight you're starting to seem muscular rather than toned. It's a percentage professional athletes are on. So yes you could reach that too. But how about setting your goal at 20% for now? You can always decide you want to drop that extra 2% as well.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    All very good questions, stuff I've been wondering as well. I'm just shy of 5' 2”, weigh 123 lbs, 24% BF, 35 years old. I'm aiming for 20% BF. I'm lifting heavy so I don't really worry about gaining scale weight as long as I'm building muscle and losing inches, kwim? I currently wear a snug 5/6 but would LOVE to be in a 3/4. I also have wide hips and wonder if this is even possible...?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Not a lady, but sounds like a great goal to me.

I just want to chime in that at your goal weight and BF% you will have the same amount of lean muscle as you have now. Are you planning on doing a bulk then another cut when you get to your goal weight? The reason I ask is as you lose weight some of the loss will be lean mass, so most likely if you don't do a bulk to gain lean mass then cut to get to the goal weight your BF% will be higher than your goal.

Most likely you will lose 2-4 lb of lean body mass while losing the last 12lbs, this would put you at a lean mass of 103.5-104.5, as right now you have lean mass of 106.5 (142*.75), so at 130 with lean mass of 102.5 to 104.5 would give you a BF% of 19.6% to 21.1%. So when you get there you would have to do a bulk to add lean mass, then another cut so your LBM is 106.6 at 130lbs.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

I just want to chime in that at your goal weight and BF% you will have the same amount of lean muscle as you have now. Are you planning on doing a bulk then another cut when you get to your goal weight? The reason I ask is as you lose weight some of the loss will be lean mass, so most likely if you don't do a bulk to gain lean mass then cut to get to the goal weight your BF% will be higher than your goal.

Most likely you will lose 2-4 lb of lean body mass while losing the last 12lbs, this would put you at a lean mass of 103.5-104.5, as right now you have lean mass of 106.5 (142*.75), so at 130 with lean mass of 102.5 to 104.5 would give you a BF% of 19.6% to 21.1%. So when you get there you would have to do a bulk to add lean mass, then another cut so your LBM is 106.6 at 130lbs.

Oh good point, I didn't even think about that... Yeah I probably will have to. To do the bulk I have to eat more calories and more protein and no cardio and strength train? is that right? I've never done a bulk before. I am planning to get Jillian Michaels Body Revolution next month on in Sept and hopefully that'll add to my lean muscle mass.
  • lilyxD
    lilyxD Posts: 33
    Options
    Hello!

My frame is pretty good, but I've been working on it for a while! Im 34, 23.5, 34.5.

So i guess im pretty average! My height is 5'8. Im REALLY tall. haha!

Idk my body fat percentage really, I always seem to get different percentages for every different test that i take. Hmm. Which one are you taking to get your results??

P.S, Feel free to add me as a friend!!(:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Oh good point, I didn't even think about that... Yeah I probably will have to. To do the bulk I have to eat more calories and more protein and no cardio and strength train? is that right? I've never done a bulk before. I am planning to get Jillian Michaels Body Revolution next month on in Sept and hopefully that'll add to my lean muscle mass.

For bulking you will have to eat at a caloric surplus, you can do cardio as well but that just means you have to eat even more, you will need to do a heavy lifting strength training routine and ensure you get enough protein. I'm not sure you will be able to add much muscle on Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, as her workouts tend to focus on low weight high rep. You could try it with heavier weights and just not do as many reps???
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 145 lbs, but really only concerned with BF%. I am going for a goal of 20%. I'm 5'7" and currently at 157lbs, 28% BF and size 10. It will take time to get there.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Currently 5'9 large frame and about 28% body fat (as shown in my profile pic)
    I'm LOVE to get down to low 20% BF. I've come to the realization the scale and I are never going to agree.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    We are VERY close to be the exact same size. I am between 5'5 and 5'6, I weight around 150lbs right now, my bf is 27% (I think...been awhile since I checked actually) and my goal is to lose 5 to 15 more pounds if possible. I am a size 8.

I started at size 10/11 and 171lbs...eeks!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, about 133-135 lbs. I don't know what body frame I have? Medium, I guess? Last time I checked a couple months ago, my BF% was at like 25%. I usually wear a size Medium shirt. Usually around size 6 or 7 jeans. Dress size 8.

I'm not real concerned with losing any more weight. Just want my BF% to lower a bit and to look the way I want to look.
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal is 140-145 at about 18-19% body fat. I want a more athletic build but I figured this was a good goal to start with. I am currently 37, 29.5, 38. However, my stomach seems to be shrinking much faster than the rest of me(those are older measurements I havent taken new ones yet).
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    18% BF is not unrealistic at all! I'm 5'6" and 117 lbs and my bf is 18.3%. My goal is 15%. For me it will take a lot of muscle building to get there, plus I need to lose 4 lbs of fat. My frame is small, so I don't look underweight at all at my current weight.
  • lallenwa
    lallenwa Posts: 2
    Options
    I am working to loose 30lbs :smile:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    A size 4 pant will be about a 25 inch waist and 35.5 inch hips. Got this from looking at some clothing size charts online. I am just under 5'6" as well and back in the day I had a 24 in waist and 34 in hips and I was wearing about a size 3/4. But that was twenty years ago and according to the charts I looked at today it would be a size 2.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    As a larger-hipped lady myself, do not be super stressed if you can't get down to a 4. Your bone structure can't be changed! But if some of the hippiness is, in fact, fat, then it's entirely possible that you will get there. I went from a 12 to a 4 in some brands. Here are my current stats:

5'7"
    146 lbs
    bust: 34"
    waist: 26.5"
    hips: 37"
    Body fat: 22.3%
    clothing size, 4-6 but it depends on brand. My size 27 jeans have some extra room these days if we're going by inches!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    5'6" 22.6% bf 32 28 36.5 size 4 146 lbs
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. My current weight is 155 and my measurements are 37-31-41. I used to be an hourglass and I know I can get back to that. I'm currently a US size 10-11 and want to be a 6. My goal weight is as low as I feel comfortable. Maybe 135.

I think my body fat percentage is 34%. EDIT: Just kidding it's 27%. I measured my wrist wrong lol.
  • Irizzzle
    Irizzzle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", when I started getting back into exercising I weighed 152.5 lbs and my body fat was 36.8%. Three months ago I weighed 150.6 lbs and my body fat was 33.9%. It was at that time that I started using mfp. Today I weigh 138 lbs and I'm getting my body fat done next week. I would like to have my body fat percentage be just under 20%. I'm not sure if I have a small or medium frame. I strength train in addition to cardio and I eat at least 20g of protein with each meal. I'm hoping that with the continued weight loss and strength training I'll get to the under 20% body fat range. As a side note, when I started mfp it had me eating 1200 calories a day, I changed my activity level to slightly active and am at 1400 calories per day. I eat more when I exercise more and I've been very happy with my results thus far.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my BF% is, but I am sure its really high and I have never really set a goal for what I want my BF% to be. I am 4'11 and my body type can not be described as petite, AT ALL. Even when I was 104 lbs, I was a size 7 and always carried this roll of fat right under my breasts and into my back even though I basically had no fat anywhere else.. seriously, its the weirdest thing. I blame it on genetics and being hispanic, ha. My goal weight is probably around 130 lbs, but I have no idea where that would out me for BF%.

I'm very jealous of all you tall, nicely framed ladies :)
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your responses!! :)