How often...

Options
Do you use the extra Calories from working out, that you have earned??

I am suppose to have 1280 cals aday, but since I worked out 2hr yesterday it up it to 2000 something saying I "Earned" extra calories to use. I didnt use them....I tried, but I was full...lol

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day. What is this "full" you speak of?
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Pretty much every day. What is this "full" you speak of?
    The "Full" that I speak of is the feeling in my tummy...lol I didn't feel the need to eat anymore, truly. I only had 400-500 cal left to use and didn't :-)
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I usually only eat maybe 25-50% of my exercise calories back. No real need to do more for 2 reasons:

1) I'm fat, exercise is just increasing the deficit and I have plenty to live on

2) Most TDEE and calories burned calculations even with a HRM can be inaccurate and vary wildly. So I don't rely on it.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I usually only eat maybe 25-50% of my exercise calories back. No real need to do more for 2 reasons:

1) I'm fat, exercise is just increasing the deficit and I have plenty to live on

2) Most TDEE and calories burned calculations even with a HRM can be inaccurate and vary wildly. So I don't rely on it.

yep, I am sure it is not right all the time......
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I eat most of them back. I don't have much to lose and set my goal for 0.5 lb/week loss. So I'm already pretty low with my calories (1460) and eating back exercise calories is a big motivation to work out on some days :wink:
    So far eating back my calories has not hurt my weight loss.
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    I never count calories from exercise. I feel like the body is way too variable to ever measure them correctley...but ill save that rant for later :). If you eat your goal and are not hungry afterwards, there is no reason to eat more.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that it was based on how you have your program set up. I have mine set up to "sedentary" as I have a desk job. So, my calorie intake is set so that even with NO exercise, I should still lose 1 lb per week. That being said, if I exercise and "earn" more calories, I eat some of them ...and on certain days, all of them back. If your program includes physical activity, I would not eat back the "earned" calories.