How often do you weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but take in stride small fluctuations. That's why I weigh every day, just a habit, not an addiction. But I only worry about "recording" once a week--if it falls on a bad day, that way I know it was just a bad day. I see a gain not only from monthly stuff, but when I'm working real hard--if my muscles are all sore, it will show up. I learned not to sweat the small stuff, to keep doing the right stuff and if the results don't come, re-evaluate, generally I'm missing something (like my overall activity level has dropped and I didn't drop my intake!).
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    twice a week, record once.
    The extra day keeps me accountable
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I wake up and have a pee. I only record it on MFP if it's a loss that's maintained itself for a couple of days, or if it's a gain that's maintained itself for more than a week and a half (to take into account bloating due to my TOM). I seem to have gotten over the mental obsession associated with weighing myself every day, and I like to see how my weight fluctuates as I record it in my spreadsheet. I try to observe the overall trend instead of the daily gains and losses. It makes it less hard to swallow when I go up by a pound or two from day to day. That being said, if I see that I've gained a pound since yesterday, I'll make sure to monitor more closely what I'm putting in my mouth, and if I lose a pound, I rejoice!
  • auntcj
    auntcj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "once a day" group. Frankly, when I started, I was afraid to do this, but found with water retention and all, if I waited a full week, then weighed myself on a "bad" water day, I would become frustrated and want to give up. At least now I can see some trends to when and why I retain water. And I am more able to see a plateau occuring early on and work on it.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I only log my weight once a week, that's my 'official' weigh in, but I do tend to jump on the scale most days if I'm home. It's a habit now tbh.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Every morning to see how what I ate and the activities I did affect the number, as well as to know whether or not a trend develops. However, I only log my weight on Tuedays. I find weighing myself every morning gives me accountability for the previous day, along with motivation for that day.