Low Fat Raw Vegans

Options
iRebel
iRebel Posts: 383
Are there any of you guys on this site?? I am new to the whole LFRV/ HCRV thing. I would love to meet more like minded people.

And, yes, As always.... Haters gonna hate. :laugh:

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Try checking the group, there are multiple veg*n groups, where you are likely to find individuals with similar eating habits.
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Add me....I am following a low fat raw plan.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    So what do you eat? Celery? You can be vegan...thats great...but don't be pretentious.
  • iRebel
    Options
    So what do you eat? Celery? You can be vegan...thats great...but don't be pretentious.
    I eat fruit... lots of it. according to your profile pic....
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Low fat? What about protein? I'm always curious how this works, because I don't know of any good RAW protein sources. Everything I can think of needs to be cooked. Also, why low fat? The body needs fatty acids for proper function. Not trying to bash, just genuinely curious, because it just sounds unbalanced, which is unhealthy.
  • iRebel
    Options
    Low fat? What about protein? I'm always curious how this works, because I don't know of any good RAW protein sources. Everything I can think of needs to be cooked. Also, why low fat? The body needs fatty acids for proper function. Not trying to bash, just genuinely curious, because it just sounds unbalanced, which is unhealthy.

The diet is 80% carbs, 10% protein and 10% fat. If you want to learn more, I would suggest looking up Durianriders on youtube.
  • iRebel
    Options
    Sources of protein are nuts and seeds, though no more than a handfull a day.
  • tigersword
    Options
    Nuts and seeds aren't low fat, no way you could get to 10% protein without exceeding 10% fat...
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you don't want to try a pro-ana website instead? Eating this way cannot be healthy.
  • iRebel
    Options
    Nuts and seeds aren't low fat, no way you could get to 10% protein without exceeding 10% fat...

most fruits are composed of at least 8% protein, which is the same ammount of protein in human milk- does that say something?
  • iRebel
    Options
    Are you sure you don't want to try a pro-ana website instead? Eating this way cannot be healthy.
    Uh, no pro-ana would eat the butt-load of calories I do.
  • iRebel
    Options
    Add me....I am following a low fat raw plan.
    FR sent! :)
  • tigersword
    Options

most fruits are composed of at least 8% protein, which is the same ammount of protein in human milk- does that say something?
    Actually human milk has very low amounts of protein, due to the fact that an infant's kidneys are unable to handle higher amounts of protein until they get older. So, that really doesn't say anything about anything. An infant's nutritional needs are nothing like an adult's.

Besides, most fruits contain 2-4% protein, some contain higher amounts, most contain lower amounts.

And I won't even get into all of the fat, including saturated fat in human milk...
  • iRebel
    Options

Actually human milk has very low amounts of protein, due to the fact that an infant's kidneys are unable to handle higher amounts of protein until they get older. So, that really doesn't say anything about anything. An infant's nutritional needs are nothing like an adult's.

Besides, most fruits contain 2-4% protein, some contain higher amounts, most contain lower amounts.

And I won't even get into all of the fat, including saturated fat in human milk...

ok, well I don't really want to argue, but all I know is I feel like crap on the SAD, even a calorie restricted one. I've been a vegetarian for 17 years, but I feel ready to takr this next step. It works well for people, even athletes.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

ok, well I don't really want to argue, but all I know is I feel like crap on the SAD, even a calorie restricted one. I've been a vegetarian for 17 years, but I feel ready to takr this next step. It works well for people, even athletes.
    Vegetarians are by and large considered healthier than vegans as they have a better nutritional balance. I know there are a few vegetarian bodybuilders for instance, but I don't know of any vegans.

I don't really feel this is a step forward for you. Protein is very important and you don't seem to know where to get it from.
  • tigersword
    Options
    I know of vegan athletes, I have never heard of a low fat raw vegan athlete. Athletes need high protein, moderate carbs and fat to sustain their fitness level.

An athlete will cut carbs before cutting fat or protein.
  • iRebel
    Options

Vegetarians are by and large considered healthier than vegans as they have a better nutritional balance. I know there are a few vegetarian bodybuilders for instance, but I don't know of any vegans.

I don't really feel this is a step forward for you. Protein is very important and you don't seem to know where to get it from.
    I do know where to get protein from, I was on Atkins for six months (vegetarian) Ate 150 grams of protein and felt horrible. Protein is overrated, I think. There are raw vegans athletes. (iron man, fitness comp, cycling, ultra marathoners, etc.)
  • ironanimal
    Options
    I do know where to get protein from, I was on Atkins for six months (vegetarian) Ate 150 grams of protein and felt horrible. Protein is overrated, I think. There are raw vegans athletes. (iron man, fitness comp, cycling, ultra marathoners, etc.)
    Name one vegan source of protein that is low fat and low carb.
  • iRebel
    Options
    broccoli!

If I'm aiming for 10% of my 2000 calories to come from protein, A few cups of broccoli will meet my goal by itself.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    broccoli!

If I'm aiming for 10% of my 2000 calories to come from protein, A few cups of broccoli will meet my goal by itself.
    10% is 200 cals. There's 4 cals in 1g of protein. So, 50g is your goal. Fair enough if you're not very active.

However, at 2g per cup, I think you may want to re-evaluate the last statement. Try 25 cups.