Metabolism Re-Charge

Options
2»

Replies

• Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I also say exercise...I have been yo-yoing for months now....with the same 8 pounds...so I know how frusterating it is!! I workout with a Trainer and we just talked about stepping up my workouts today... trainer said it has to be some type of exercise that gets your heartrate up there...say of you lift withe the machines at a gym...do a machine, then after do an somthing active like running in place or mountain climbers then do a machine then do something active again then a machine and so on..... or walking/jogging intervals would be good too..... Good Luck!
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I agree with others....check out Eat More to Weigh Less. I have increased my calories dramatically and the weight is coming off. No more yo-yo dieting for me and no more starving myself on 1200 calories per day.

And as for our metabolism slows down as we age, I don't buy that anymore. I think that individuals tend to slow down as they age and as you do less activity, your metabolism will slow down. Our present society has eaten at such low calories for so long that we are destroying our metabolic rates!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    And as for our metabolism slows down as we age, I don't buy that anymore. I think that individuals tend to slow down as they age and as you do less activity, your metabolism will slow down. Our present society has eaten at such low calories for so long that we are destroying our metabolic rates!

I think you are prolly right.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yes, exercise, drink water, and make sure you add strength training and muscle growth.