I can't stop touching myself!

annabellj
annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
I have been at this since November. In May, I got sick, lost my motivation for a few weeks and put a few pounds back on. So then I said screw it, I am not going to lose all my hard work. So, for the past six weeks I have been at the gym religiously, tracking what I eat, upped my calories to fuel my workouts, and I am trying to eat more wholesome foods.
I got up this morning to go put on my work out clothes to hit the gym as normal. But when I went to brush my teeth, my hand brushed against my thigh. I was like, hm, there is muscle there! so I took a good look at my thighs, not in the mirror, not in a picture but just looked at them. Felt them. The bumps are smoother, the little bump of fat that always bothered me right below the back of my thigh, just under my *kitten*, is almost gone! almost gone! I was like, when did this happen? So then I looked in the mirror at myself. My stomach is noticeably tighter! I can really look and not just see all the flaws I saw just a few days ago when I took my profile picture. So now I cant stop touching my thighs, rubbing them, just to see if it is real or not! I am so happy I could scream right now!
I have only lost 17 lbs so far, but I was a size 14, and the other day, I just bought a size 8 pair of shorts at Old Navy! I remember when I couldn't fit into a size 16! I am almost half the size I used to be!
I am not at my goal, I still have a lot of work to do, but it doesn't seem so daunting now for some reason. That I know in another six months I could possibly have no cellulite on my *kitten* at all! I never ever thought it possible!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah me!
So I posted this in under motivation and support for a reason. I was just at the giving up point. Just where I was saying to myself its too hard. I am just going to be fat and so be it. I will never look like Jennifer Aniston (not that I will ever look like her ever but hey a girl can dream cant she?!)
So if you are struggling and saying to yourself I am just destined to be this way, or if you have put a few pound back on, don't give up! whatever you do, don't give up! Because it is so worth the effort!

Replies

• Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Awesome for you!!
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Wow, you must be doing something right if you went from a 14 to a size 8 by just losing 17 pounds. Wonderful job!
    You are really motivating me right now to start working out more and to try to tone myself.

Congratulations! You definitely earned it!
  • Great job! Thanks for the motivation! Hard work does pay off and Your worth it Anna! You do amazing taking care of your family and great job making time for yourself!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Keep up the hard work!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Aww! I'm so proud of you sweetheart!
  • Yay!! :-))
  • PMPB7
    PMPB7 Posts: 43 Member
    Thank you Thank you Thank you Anne for posting this! I have only lost a small amount, but was noticing already how my clothes were loose and after a month of workouts I could feel a difference. It is happening and the fat is turning into muscle very slowly. I know I have a long way to go, but it will be worth it.

I am really happy for you and hope you stay motivated. You WILL get to your goal and beyond. :)
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    You are amazing, keep up your hard work.
  • annam25
    annam25 Posts: 68 Member
    I have been at this since November. In May, I got sick, lost my motivation for a few weeks and put a few pounds back on. So then I said screw it, I am not going to lose all my hard work. So, for the past six weeks I have been at the gym religiously, tracking what I eat, upped my calories to fuel my workouts, and I am trying to eat more wholesome foods.
    I got up this morning to go put on my work out clothes to hit the gym as normal. But when I went to brush my teeth, my hand brushed against my thigh. I was like, hm, there is muscle there! so I took a good look at my thighs, not in the mirror, not in a picture but just looked at them. Felt them. The bumps are smoother, the little bump of fat that always bothered me right below the back of my thigh, just under my *kitten*, is almost gone! almost gone! I was like, when did this happen? So then I looked in the mirror at myself. My stomach is noticeably tighter! I can really look and not just see all the flaws I saw just a few days ago when I took my profile picture. So now I cant stop touching my thighs, rubbing them, just to see if it is real or not! I am so happy I could scream right now!
    I have only lost 17 lbs so far, but I was a size 14, and the other day, I just bought a size 8 pair of shorts at Old Navy! I remember when I couldn't fit into a size 16! I am almost half the size I used to be!
    I am not at my goal, I still have a lot of work to do, but it doesn't seem so daunting now for some reason. That I know in another six months I could possibly have no cellulite on my *kitten* at all! I never ever thought it possible!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah me!
    So I posted this in under motivation and support for a reason. I was just at the giving up point. Just where I was saying to myself its too hard. I am just going to be fat and so be it. I will never look like Jennifer Aniston (not that I will ever look like her ever but hey a girl can dream cant she?!)
    So if you are struggling and saying to yourself I am just destined to be this way, or if you have put a few pound back on, don't give up! whatever you do, don't give up! Because it is so worth the effort!

Thats amazing motivation right there! thank you for sharing! :) If anyone wants to join my fitness group on facebook, please join!!! :)https://www.facebook.com/groups/109019495907296/
  • amjenty
    amjenty Posts: 22
    WOW! most excellent!! all this hard work has certainly paid off! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    thanks! I couldn't have done this without all of you for sure! You keep me grounded, happy, and motivated! I cannot tell you all how much you mean to me! I have lost a few friends along the way, but you all have stuck by me. I am very blessed and grateful to God for you all in my life right now!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Good job!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    What an awesome feeling!!! Congrats on all of your hard work...keep the momentum going!! :-)
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    :grumble:

I thought this was going to be a *kitten* addiction support group thread.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    So now I cant stop touching my thighs, rubbing them, just to see if it is real or not! I am so happy I could scream right now!
    :laugh: ................................................:laugh:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlFz9_Cr1lHaQBVMRXjfEyAAVu5uMf682oJNWxPzB9EvToQRXC
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    LOVE it!! Those are some Great NSVs!!! :love: :love: :love:
  • Tanisse
    Tanisse Posts: 37 Member
    SUPER ENCOURAGING! Thank you for posting this. :flowerforyou:
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    So now I cant stop touching my thighs, rubbing them, just to see if it is real or not! I am so happy I could scream right now!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlFz9_Cr1lHaQBVMRXjfEyAAVu5uMf682oJNWxPzB9EvToQRXC
    :grumble:

I thought this was going to be a *kitten* addiction support group thread.

haha...

and to the OP.. nice work!!! thanks for the inspiration!
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Fricking awesome!!