grain free

Options
mantisladyx
mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
Hello everyone, I am just wondering if anyone else is grain free......and what kind of recipes are out there for substituting.

Replies

• mantisladyx
    Options
    bump
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower "rice" seems to be all the rage. It's super simple to prepare. All you need is a food processor and pulse cauliflower until it is the size of grains of rice. I usually throw mine in the microwave for a minute or two to get it to a similar consistency of rice, and not as crunchy. It's been great to pour curry over, and will work nearly anywhere you would use rice.

Also you can puree cauliflower if you're feeling like you want mashed potatoes (does not taste like potatoes) and you can add garlic, butter, or whatever you want to them.

I personally like roasting mushrooms and onions for a side dish.

googling paleo-friendly recipes should give you a ton of grain-free ideas.

Good luck!
  • mantisladyx
    Options
    thank you....who would have thunk it....cauliflower rice, I have to look into that paleo.
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have also gone grain free as well as mostly meat free (except eggs). This is my absolute favorite meal in the world.

Grilled Veggies (grilled outside or the George Foreman grill works awesome too)

1 Portabello Mushroom, whole
    1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced in rings
    1 Vidalia Onion, sliced in rings
    1 Jalapeno or Habanero Pepper, sliced in half
    1 medium Tomato, sliced in half
    1 slice Pepperjack Cheese
    2 TBSP Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Saute veggies in a touch of olive oil, season with Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle. Grill veggies. Melt cheese on mushroom. Layer slices of peppers, onions & tomatoes. Top with hummus. I have eaten this almost every night for about 2 weeks. I am trying not to eat meat but I have had chicken & pork chops grilled with it, too.
  • JoJoBean88
    JoJoBean88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am grain free. Also due to my children's food allergies we are soy free and low egg. I use a lot of primal/paleo recipes. I am really enjoying Eat like a dinosaur right now. Very kid friendly.
  • mantisladyx
    Options
    been reading a lot of paleo lately but at the moment I am reading wheat belly