Some Feedback Please

Options
JodaNord
JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
Hi All.

I have been on a changed path for a year now, and worked into exercising 6 days a week for 45-60 mins, from none a year ago. I changed my eating and lifestyle habits, and feel great. I have lost 23 pounds and went from a size 13 to a 6-8 now. I am 5'6'' and 30 years old.

I am continuing on this path, and have more defined goals then just being healthy now. I am looking to keep getting my body fat lower, though I haven't had it tested to see where I am at now. I am currently doing Insanity, and have two weeks left. I see some results, but more in strength then measurements. I am going to do a second round with my sister in law in August.

The last two weeks haven't been great in the way of food and drink choices, away visiting family and camping trips, but still decent overall if you happen to look through my diary which I welcome you to do.

I am hoping there are some out there who have a better grip on fitness, and can look at my goals and see where and what I need to tweak a little more here and there to attain more muscle definition, and less fat. And most of my fat isn't obvious now, I am much more strong looking. But there is that bit of fat on the belly that when I do planks and pushups, you see it hang down and I want it GONE! My hubby says its not barely there, but its where I want it gone now.

Helps and hints are appreciated, thanks for readIng!

Replies

• JodaNord
    Options
    Bump
  • JodaNord
    Options
    I guess I should be clearer that I want more muscle definition then I have at the moment, and would like hints and tips to get there as well as estimates on time frames to be an attainable goal...
  • baabaabetsy
    Options
    I looked through your journal and it looks pretty good. I think your proteins goals are good and your fat is pretty good (if you're eating low carb--lots of carb AND fat is detrimental to weight loss). I'd say be careful about going over by so much on your fats. Fats are good, but you're eating about 90g a day--way too much if you're trying to lose weight. I'd keep it under your max. The last little bit of fat is the toughest to lose so you really need to stronghold your body into giving it up. Try adding in some weight lifting with Insanity--while it does utilize some body weight movements, I found it really didn't help with much muscle development after a certain point. Having more muscles (besides looking good) will also use raise your metabolism and also give your body more structure for the fat so it looks good even if you have it :)

As for a timeframe... I really can't say since I don't know enough. Don't rush it though--it will take at least a month before you notice a change. The last bit that hides your abs is so hard to get rid of so really focus on being good with your diet! Good luck!
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    If you want more muscle definition you need to develop the muscles.

What training do you do now? Do you do any lifting?

If definition is what you want consider New Rules of Lifting for Women or Stronglift 5x5.

And with regards to visible abs, my obliques start to show at around 17% BF, for the rest most women need to be down to about 15-16% BF.
  • JodaNord
    Options
    Thanks, I plan on incorporating lifting in the fall, and at this point i can see the top two sections of my abs, and it dents in at the sides where my obliques are. So they are coming along, and i have some little pipes for biceps too!

I hope by winter, that i can see more abs and definition, and giving myself several months to get there i think is realistic...

Thanks for the input
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Definitely incorporate lifting. I know Insanity is great cardio but you need to lift for muscle. I suggest ChaLEAN Extreme or New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • JodaNord
    Options
    Looking into chalean extreme to do with resistance bands cause i dont have weights or room for weights...
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Looking into chalean extreme to do with resistance bands cause i dont have weights or room for weights...

Completely doable, there is always someone in her videos using a resistance band to show you how.