Curly haired girls

svazquez820
svazquez820 Posts: 88 Member
All right so I have naturally curly hair and for the life I cannot find a product that works! I used to blow dry my hair but now since I have daily gym regime I don't see the point in drying it straight. What products do you guys recommend?

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    I have curly hair, but if I leave it curly I either throw it up in a bun, or run a straightener through it quickly just to tame it.
  • kayteaann
    kayteaann Posts: 12 Member
    i hear that...working out and flat ironed hair?? forget it! lol i've just tried to find products that give me more of a wave n chills my curls out..paul mitchells round trip has worked well for me...sometimes i end up just ironing the roots area but when i work out...it always ends up a hot mess in a bun on the top of my head lol
  • I wear mine curly.

Garnier Fructis Style curl scrunch gel works great... I put it in when my hair is damp, not too much, and scrunch and go.

When I need a bit of conditioning, though, I use Garnier Fructis Style curl styling cream... it kind of conditions and gives my hair loose curls.

Curls are beautiful. Use what God gave you. :)
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    I use AG liquid effects gel and mix it with a bit of L'oreal hard candy for curly hair and use a diffuser to blow dry. Sometimes I add some macademia oil to soften it up.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    I use frizz eaze and mousse every morning :flowerforyou:
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    When I style my hair curly I use a a gel by Sebastian, I can't remember the name at the moment but it's been my go to for about ten years now.
  • Moroccan oil curl cream is the best!!! I rarely blow it dry. Have searched for the perfect product for years and years!!! With thick hair, just past the shoulders I use 8 pumps per style. Seems like a lot, but I love how it comes out. Just the right hold and not crunchy...you can run your fingers throught it.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    I had issues with my curls for SO LONG. But now I love them. Mine take love to get where it is now...

Have you heard of the curly-girl method? Google it. I though "BS" but I swear by it now for curly girls. I dont always not shampoo my hair, but ALL of my shampoos are SULFATE FREE. Very important. All of my conditioners are vegan or all natural. It really helps my hair. All those chemicals in the other stuff works to clean, but strips the natrual oil that curl hair needs to be pretty and not frizzy.

So my daily routine;
    1. Shower, sulfate free shampoo. Condition, and let sit for 1-2 minutes, Rinse with cold water (locks in oils).
    2. Dont brush hair out of shower.
    3. Flip hair upside down, thrown some Argan Oil in it, trying not to touch too much.
    4. Using a hair diffuser, diffuse my hair, upsidedown, for 3-7 minutes. When 1/2 dry throw a tinnnny bit of hairspray. Finish diffusing. DONT dry all the way, leave a little to air dry.

Pretty hair! That isnt crunchy.

This sounds like a lot.. but I can shower and dry hair in less than 30 minutes.

Edit; I used to dye my hair monthly, and straighten without product EVERY day for atleast 2 years.... It took 6 months of TLC to get my hair healthy and curling again.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    I wear mine curly.

Garnier Fructis Style curl scrunch gel works great... I put it in when my hair is damp, not too much, and scrunch and go.

When I need a bit of conditioning, though, I use Garnier Fructis Style curl styling cream... it kind of conditions and gives my hair loose curls.

Curls are beautiful. Use what God gave you. :)

This. the Garnier Fructis Style Cream works the best of any product I've ever used.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    I find that switching my hair products around every few months helps a lot but recently I started using Rusk Mouse, and it works surprisingly well considering the humidity lately! I can't believe we've had such humid days, yet, I keep having good hair days. That NEVER happens!
  • I have naturally curly hair. I usually just throw some cheap gel in it and go on days I don't feel like taking the time to make it straight. I usually end up throwing it up in a bun by the end of the day.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    I rarely straighten mine, but that's because mine is not only curly but stupidly thick. Takes me at least an hour to straighten (takes my stylist no less than 30 minutes, and she doesn't get it as "flat" as I like it). So I wear it curly. I've found that good conditioners are my friend. With as much as I shower now because of the gym, I don't hardly ever need to use shampoo. (Did I mention my hair is curly, thick, and very coarse as well?) Now that I'm swimming, I condition before the pool and then again after. I go through at least 5 bottles of conditioner before I think about emptying a bottle of shampoo. As for styling? Gel it, style it, dash of hairspray and don't touch it again! ;)
  • Fani2003
    Fani2003 Posts: 195 Member
    flat iron!!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I had naturally curly red hair. The product that worked best for me was a Gillette Razor.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I wash, towel dry, put Suave Mousse in, run a pick through and air dry. Perfect every time.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    I took a difuser to my hair once...it had the exact opposite effect...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I wash mine with conditioner, put in some type of mouse, let air dry and go.

If it gets crunchy feeling then I'll re-scruch or w/e.. but for the most part it's fine.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Pantene has some spray gel in a clear pinkish bottle that is great! i also use the garnier fructis spray gel.
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Stay away from anything with alcohol in it!!! It makes a big difference.

I love love love Redken water wax. . .a little on when hair is wet keeps it from being frizzy and it smells fab.
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    I don't straighten mine as it take Hours and hours! Last time 4 1/2 hours...wasn't worth it!
    I Switch my products every time I run out...I love bed head products and Fruitesse. Aussie is ok. Frizz-ease does nothing for my hair, Tresemme is ok and Panteen pro-v curly is alright...
    I switche everytime I run out of a product so my hair don't get use to a certain product...
    Good Luck!!!