Stupid Drivers...

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
I was talking with another friend this morning about commuting and how much I hate the unmarked Dodge Challengers that out state patrolmen use. Then it morphed into Stupid drives in slow lanes and Road rage...

Are you a road rager? What have you seen some idiot do? Or have you been Raged on for being a stupid idiot? :)

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I live in Seattle. To spot a stupid driver, just look out onto the road...
    http://www.seattlerex.com/the-worst-drivers-in-america-a-dissertation/
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My road rage is really bad. On the 4th of July, I took my kids to see fireworks. Traffic was ridiculous! The cops had routed me out to a back way that intersected with the way to the interstate. I was going to skip the interstate and take the back way. Little did I know, the cops had it blocked off. Anyways... I'm sitting at the light waiting for it to change so I can cross traffic and this stupid ***** ran the light even though nobody was moving and BLOCKED the intersection! :explode:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Come to Reno...in order to pass the driving test, you apparently have to flunk merging...especially on the freeways.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Do they not understand what slow lane and fast lanes mean?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Do they not understand what slow lane and fast lanes mean?

No...and when you add a constant state of road construction to the mix of dumba$$ drivers it just makes driving around here an enraging experience...
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One thing that annoys me is the drivers that don't know how to correctly put on a registration sticker.

Simple. Easy.

If you can't figure that out you probably should not be on the road.
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One thing that annoys me is the drivers that don't know how to correctly put on a registration sticker.

Simple. Easy.

If you can't figure that out you probably should not be on the road.

California plates even have MO in a box for the month sticker, and YR for the registration sticker a people STILL get it wrong. :0/
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK, the place where the world's most mild mannered, stiff-upper-lipped people seem to transform into monsters the moment they get in a car. It's frightening. Everyone's so polite, but put them in cars and they drive like maniacs and scream at everyone. One day I was riding my bike to work and a lady in a car hit and knocked me over. It was her fault, but she screamed and me, gave me the two-finger salute and then sped off. Craziness.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I tell my fiance that the proper way to drive is to get the hell out of my way. I absolutely HATE when people run stop signs, don't know what a YEILD means, and go under the speed limit while in the passing lane!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I drive through NYC daily. It's wonder I haven't given myself a f*cking heart attack.

It's terrible. Even my 2 year old twins now yell at other cars. They have no idea why they are doing, just that mommy does. I need to relax.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Come to san diego when it rains !!!!! People slam on their breaks when it starts to drizzle and can't drive unless it's sunny outside and even then they drive like *kitten* ! I live by a college and a highschool i see stupid drivers all the time
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My latest pet peeve is people who treat a 4-way stop like it's a brain teaser they can't figure out.

Idiots.
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sorry about those 2 or 3 who don;t act this way, but I despise trucks and pickups, people think because their car is big they OWN the roads! Like if they were driving a tank or something I really am totally against the existence of these vehicles lol, use Tacomas or little Nisans if you need to carry stuff which is the real purpose of those cars, not become a jerk when you drive them.
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    For me, it's the idiots who don't understand or ignore the concept of 'Keep right except to pass'. This is more when there is a build up of traffic, I couldn't care less if the road is empty or traffic is sparse.

Simple rule to those that don't comprehend it: If the lane ahead of you is clear and there is a wake of cars behind you, move the F over!!
    Also, just because you're traveling at the speed limit does NOT give you the right to stay in that lane. It's called the PASSING lane, not the SPEED LIMIT lane. Yes, it's an offense for me to pass you on the adjacent inside lane, but it's also an offense for you to hog the passing lane.
    If I had a penny for every time I saw this, my gas would work out to being free each day ;)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have definitely been road raged on.... usually on a daily basis by impatient drivers either tail gating me (I already go 5 over... but if you are a *kitten* that comes up behind me like a bat outta hell and then tail gate me, I will either A) go 5 miles under the speed limit, or B) go the same speed as the car next to me).

But there was one time where this guy did this and I flipped him off... as he was about to use the U-turn to go under the overpass and I was going the opposite direction.... well, he didn't like that and decided to follow me (that was scary see him take an almost 180 degree direction shift.... well, I wasn't going to just go to my immediate destination and decided to keep driving until I either A) got to a police station or B) he stopped following me... he eventually stopped following me.... Let's just say I haven't flipped anyone off since...
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    These Craker Jack License Alabama Morans Are Afraid They Will Wear Out a Turn Signal!!!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My latest pet peeve is people who treat a 4-way stop like it's a brain teaser they can't figure out.

Idiots.

Lol this is a good one, I'm over it after a lot of practice, if someone hesitates, I win. I do give pass to people if I'm sure they got there first.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    I live in the UK, the place where the world's most mild mannered, stiff-upper-lipped people seem to transform into monsters the moment they get in a car. It's frightening. Everyone's so polite, but put them in cars and they drive like maniacs and scream at everyone. One day I was riding my bike to work and a lady in a car hit and knocked me over. It was her fault, but she screamed and me, gave me the two-finger salute and then sped off. Craziness.

Oh wow dont get me started on drivers vs cyclists...Whats with people thinking they can run you down or off the road. I pulled up behind a car at a stop sign and they guy put his car in reverse and started to back up.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    My road rage is really bad. On the 4th of July, I took my kids to see fireworks. Traffic was ridiculous! The cops had routed me out to a back way that intersected with the way to the interstate. I was going to skip the interstate and take the back way. Little did I know, the cops had it blocked off. Anyways... I'm sitting at the light waiting for it to change so I can cross traffic and this stupid ***** ran the light even though nobody was moving and BLOCKED the intersection! :explode:

Apparently in Dallas, I think near Fair Park, people stopped in the middle of the interstate to watch the fireworks... not the shoulder, not the side streets... the interstate... the police couldn't even get the hoards of people to get moving on the highway again...
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Oh and is it really that hard to use an indicator light? Or are they all shorted out on nearly every single car....

You are supposed to use your blinker BEFORE you change lanes (this includes getting into the turn lanes)...

You are supposed to use your blinker BEFORE you turn into a driveway or cross street...

Not as you are in the middle of doing it... or mere milliseconds before doing it...

That is my biggest driving pet peeve.