Oh no :-(

Options
My legs are the first to get muscular! I thought working out doing cardio everything would get toned at the same time.

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    My legs are the first to get muscular! I thought working out doing cardio everything would get toned at the same time.

Toning (fat-loss) is a function of diet, if the diet (calorie deficit) is not in order you will not lose body fat.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

All depends what cardio you are doing.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Cardio does not tone. Weights tone. Cardio is for the heart....true story.
  • JNick77
    Options

Do 30-60 min's a few days a week on a stairmill or hill sprints and then let us know what you think. ;)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

the end.
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Cardio burns fat all over your body, and is great for your heart. Depending on what type of cardio you're doing, you will see certain parts of your body have fat loss before others.
    I jog and walk a lot, so I lose the most fat in my legs, and smaller amounts over the rest of my body.
    Start strength training to speed up fat loss for the other parts of your body :)

ETA: And don't worry about getting bulky if/when you start strength training. It's pretty difficult for a woman to get bulky from strength training unless her hormones are extremely out of whack, or she is taking steroids. You can't put on weight from strength training unless you eat at a surplus. It will just burn fat like crazy, strengthen your muscles, and make them visible :)
  • JNick77
    Options

the end.

Not quite... the real answer is getting toned is a result of diet. You can do all the weight lifting and cardio in the world but if your diet isn't right you won't burn the fat to develop a toned physique.

Like I said before, do hill sprints, stairs, or push a sled and come back and tell us that your leg muscles aren't stronger over time.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options

All depends what cardio you are doing.

I do a lot of dancing in heels, and walking....
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    you poor deluded child....

your body doesn't adjust at the same rate in all areas, just like there is no spot reducing method. but, once those legs are toned your body will have to burn fat off of other parts. hang in there!

I agree, I am deluded about many things pertaining to wegitht loss (as I am sure you once were as well) but Do not refer to me as a child, you are not that much older then I. :-)
  • Pgarcia413
    Pgarcia413 Posts: 28
    Options

Do 30-60 min's a few days a week on a stairmill or hill sprints and then let us know what you think. ;)

^^ True Story. :)

Don't forget there are forms of cardio that activate the muscles and help make them stronger and more toned. There is more to cardio than walking. True, you may not bulk up from these forms of cardio, but it does help tone.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    you poor deluded child....

your body doesn't adjust at the same rate in all areas, just like there is no spot reducing method. but, once those legs are toned your body will have to burn fat off of other parts. hang in there!

I agree, I am deluded about many things pertaining to wegitht loss (as I am sure you once were as well) but Do not refer to me as a child, you are not that much older then I. :-)

no offense meant, your profile is private so I couldn't tell :flowerforyou:

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk....never assume:wink: but its all good! And thank you very much for the flower :-)