Good calorie burning exercises?

Options
Hi! I started doing a program with my phone kind of like C25K except it goes up to a 10K. I was wondering what other exercises I will be able to do on Tuesday and Thursday to help burn calories and what not. I started the program today but I am thinking about doing the first week again next week because I am not spacing it this week. I do have a membership at the local community center so I can do anything there as well! I am looking to try to burn around 2,000 calories a day. Everyday I am going for a 2-3 mile walk as well. On M/W/F I will be doing probably a 5 mile walk plus the C210K thing.

Replies

• GameBoiye
    GameBoiye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Burning 2000 calories a day is really extreme, I normally wouldn't aim for such a high goal. If you have access to one, an elliptical machine (most gyms have them) will burn around 600-700 calories an hour. Jump roping is also very good at burning calories and building leg muscles (and arm muscles if you use weighted ropes) but it does take much longer to get decent at it enough so that you're burning calories consistently.

What I would recommend rather than trying to burn 2000 calories is to alter your diet. If you eat only 2000 calories a day and burn an average of 500 every other day you'll still lose weight in your position (assuming your maintenance is around 2500 based on the amount of weight you want to lose). You can push for more but you're going to be killing yourself trying to burn 2000 calories a day as it's not something most people can sustain for a longer period of time during a diet.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    As mentioned 2k is such an awful lot,

Any fast paced cardio with arms held up/ extending will get the heart rate right up resulting in higher calorie burn

Ie:

Star jumps
    Jump squats
    Running with arm raises

Etc