hot peppers???

jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,607 Member
a guy at work just gave us huge box of hot peppers. what do I do with them???? normally I'd fry them up in olive oil and eat them with crusty italian bread and cheese... other healthier suggestions? I mean I'm gonna do that,, just not the whole loaf of bread. HELP

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Add them to salad, stir fry, meat or pretty much any dish you want to add a fruity kick of heat to.
  • jerber160
    MAYBE I'LL STUFF THEM AND DRENCH THEM IN A SAUTE OF SHRIMP, CRAB, SCALLOPS AND LOBSTER.. MMMM STILL LOTS OF ITALIAN BREAD THO
  • jerber160
    served with a side of home made pasta. dinner last night rocked..
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Cook them up but freeze them in ice cube trays to have later as well. All your recipes sound awesome!!
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    We usually add them to stirfrys. If you have too many you can also cut them up and freeze them. We did that last year when we got a ton of hot peppers from our CSA and it worked out well.
  • jerber160
    sadly there were no left overs. we ate em all... the BAD thing is my pasta was rockin and I'm gonna want MORE MORE MORE>>
  • jvpease
    jvpease Posts: 11
    I add hot banana peppers or jalapeno peppers as a topping on my sandwich at lunch. It's a great way to add flavor to say an oven-roasted turkey sandwich without adding high-fat condiments like mayonnaise.
  • jerber160
    I add hot banana peppers or jalapeno peppers as a topping on my sandwich at lunch. It's a great way to add flavor to say an oven-roasted turkey sandwich without adding high-fat condiments like mayonnaise.
    hot peps are one of my favorite toppings at subway.....