To eat or not to eat??

Options
Since I have changed my exercise routine to early morning workouts, I have noticed an abundance in energy throughout my day. I've also noticed a lack of appetite...not sure exactly why. I've brought fruit as an morning/afternoon snack daily this week, but I haven't been hungry. Should I eat even when I'm not hungry to keep my metabolism levels up....or should I go with my body, and not eat?

I eat a healthy breakfast & lunch...just not hungry for snacks.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    How do you do between work & dinner if you don't snack? If after work is tough, I'd add a late afternoon snack even if you aren't hungry to prevent that. On the other hand if you aren't ravenously hungry when you get home from work, I'd skip the snacks for now. Keep bringing healthy snacks with you to work though, just because aren't hungry this week doesn't mean next week will be the same. Always better to be prepared. Good Luck!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Actually, yesterday I wasn't even hungry when I got home. Not really sure what's going on with me this week. I did eat dinner though - seemed once I started to eat, it wasn't so bad. Just not used to not feeling "hungry."
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Oh...and I eat breakfast around 830-9 am, lunch around 1230-1 pm & dinner around 6-7 pm.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant with regards to "keeping metabolism running". Eat if your hungry, don't if your not. Just make sure to get your calories in for the day at some point.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    I had an entire week where I only consumed about 900 calories not including exercise calories. I think its your body experiencing the new way of life and just telling you its full. However, the next week I was back to consuming 1100-1400 and I am still losing.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    For the overall calories, go by the numbers. For the timing, go with your gut feel (pun intended).