Looking for new Protein sources

Options
Ok I am looking for protein options. Not the usual sting cheese and protein shakes and protein bars and yogurt& cottage cheese & eggs in all forms . I am talking about things you found that had surprising amounts of protein that are good tasting . I am 9 weeks out from vertical sleeve surgery and am looking for ideas that are easy to transport, eat at my desk at work or take camping or being out and about, and does not involve a lot of prep( have microwave so can heat at work) or what protein bars have you found that have a lot of protein that taste half way decent that isn’t a million cals. I have tried bulking up my foods with protein powder and its works but I would also like to have a variety of things that I can chose from my diet is always the same stuff and I don’t want to depend on cheese and hardboiled eggs the rest of my life. Were going camping this weekend and I really would like to have some things to take that are tasty and feel like I am being deprived. Thanks for your time 

Replies

• fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Edamame - good soy protein and so yummy - nutty like flavor! Microwave pods and sprinke a little salt substitute - delicious and portable! Can have lots - good bank for your buck.
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    bump
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Try Yves Veggie Ground Round in chili - you can have it for dinner and take leftovers for lunch. Works in tacos and spaghetti and lasagna. Higher in protein than beef and lower in fat...