After I eat the food comes back up....Acid Refulx?

Options
I am going to try and make this post as short as possible. Lately, maybe for the past 4 or 5 days, every time right after I eat something it seems like my food comes back up. I also burp, which I usually don't do. Yesterday, when the stuff came back up it burned my throat so bad. I am not sure if this is what Acid Reflux is or not. I am heading back home Friday and going to see my doctor.

I have tried eating less food, thinking my stomach was just full. I still did it. This morning I had one apple (small) and it happened. Not sure what to do to prevent this from happening. I am going to try and eat less acidic food, and hopefully that helps. Any foods I should be eating?

HgH

Replies

• fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I get this depending on a- what I eat and b- if I do a lot with my core. Do not eat less but try and change what you eat
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I get this depending on a- what I eat and b- if I do a lot with my core. Do not eat less but try and change what you eat

Yes, I think I am going to try and eat less acidic foods. Hopefully it will help. I do do a lot of exercising, especially my core. Lots of cardio.

HgH
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yes...acid reflex!

Smoking, caffiene, red wine, red meat and chocolate are the worst offenders (I had a BAD case of it a few years back).

Try Prilosec (over the counter)...its fantastic to keep that at bay, but you do have to take it daily...
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am just prone to it. I always keep Zantac and Tums in my arsenal. Good luck, it can be really painful when that acid comes up. Feel better.:smile:
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I usually eat pretty good. This has never happened to me before so it is a surprise!

HgH