Will it work?

Options
So, I don't want to cut whole food groups out of what I eat... for example I don't want to cut out all carbs (I currently eat only whole grain bread/pasta) to help lose the weight and then add it back, because I know myself 1) if I cut it out completely I will want it more 2) if I add it back later I see myself having no control and over eating

..so.. I was wondering if it will work eating the things I like-- (and don't get me wrong I like healthy things like fruits, veggie, chicken and what not) in moderation and eating the portion size that are on the back of the package? I am tracking everything still and measuring everything. For example I had a turkey sandwich with spinach and I wanted some chips...so instead of putting handfuls of them on my plate until I can't see my sandwich anymore like I use too.. I got my scale out and measure out the amount it says is one serving.

Will this work?

Replies

• debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a bit of a loaded question. It depends on your body and the food that you decide to eat. For foods that are processed or higher in calories per serving, try only eating half of one serving. For things like chicken breast, white fish, lean beef, eggs, or other protein sources, stick to something that is the size of your fist. Green vegetables are one of those food items that you can pretty much consume freely. Portion control is a great idea, I would just suggest watching the sugar intake and make sure you aren't "drinking" a lot of your calories. That means, log the sodas (diet doesn't really count), sweet teas, beer, wine, liquor, etc. because they all have calories in them.
  • feverinside
    feverinside Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Of course. Weight loss is simply calories in/calories out.

You eat less than you burn and you will lose weight.

Of course you need to make sure you are getting enough protein, fat too... not all carbs when you eat "what you want in the correct serving" if you want results.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Portion control is a great idea, I would just suggest watching the sugar intake and make sure you aren't "drinking" a lot of your calories. That means, log the sodas (diet doesn't really count), sweet teas, beer, wine, liquor, etc. because they all have calories in them.

Absolutely...it's so easy to drink the crap outta some calories...:grumble:
  • stayingpositive100
    Options
    Portion control is a great idea, I would just suggest watching the sugar intake and make sure you aren't "drinking" a lot of your calories. That means, log the sodas (diet doesn't really count), sweet teas, beer, wine, liquor, etc. because they all have calories in them.

I have been drinking 9 plus cups of water since starting...oh you know Monday. I have like one crystal light packet (I don't count that in my water intake) and I am working on having less diet coke. Other than that I don't drink anything else-- no alcohol or any sugary drinks here.

I have also been going to the gym for up to 2 hours a day, except for today when I just did kickboxing for one hour. I don't want people to think I am just sitting on my couch (well I am now) all day eating crap food but the right portions... I am going to work on making healthy choices and getting in more fruits and veggies I just know I can't say no more of this food EVER.... I have done that and those are the times I give up because I can't see me never eating the things again. Don't get me wrong I know some people can eat fruits veggies and low carb forever--that just isn't me!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

I have been drinking 9 plus cups of water since starting...oh you know Monday. I have like one crystal light packet (I don't count that in my water intake) and I am working on having less diet coke. Other than that I don't drink anything else-- no alcohol or any sugary drinks here.

I have also been going to the gym for up to 2 hours a day, except for today when I just did kickboxing for one hour. I don't want people to think I am just sitting on my couch (well I am now) all day eating crap food but the right portions... I am going to work on making healthy choices and getting in more fruits and veggies I just know I can't say no more of this food EVER.... I have done that and those are the times I give up because I can't see me never eating the things again. Don't get me wrong I know some people can eat fruits veggies and low carb forever--that just isn't me!

You are sooo so right on target. I've had to learn the hard way to give myself "cheat" meals. Lifestyle change, yes. And it needs to be sustainable, which is why depriving yourself of things you love just doesn't work. My trainer has me drinking at least a gallon of water a day. I have to say, I might pee a lot, but the water going through really helps flush out sodium so I don't retain water as much. Also helps a lot with muscle recovery.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

You are sooo so right on target. I've had to learn the hard way to give myself "cheat" meals. Lifestyle change, yes. And it needs to be sustainable, which is why depriving yourself of things you love just doesn't work. My trainer has me drinking at least a gallon of water a day. I have to say, I might pee a lot, but the water going through really helps flush out sodium so I don't retain water as much. Also helps a lot with muscle recovery.

hit the nail on the head for sure....exactly right!!! :happy: