A PICTURE is worth a THOUSAND words........

Options
Just when you think you aren't making progress or your hard work isn't paying off......take a picture....and compare! I can't emphasize enough to take "before" pictures and just when you think you are doing this all for nothing......take a picture and compare the two. I was in complete shock when I took pictures this afternoon and compared them to my pictures taken in March 2012.

For me this journey and lifestyle change is SO much more than losing weight and getting fit. But, to see these pictures I have started to open my eyes a little bit into how I have changed physically. I have a very hard time seeing my body for what it is. I am my worst critic....thankfully I have a great friend who is opening my eyes to that! I couldn't have done this without her!!

For those that are doubting themselves.....take pictures, take measurements, and forget the scale if you need to. Hard work and dedication does pay off!!! Keep up the great work MFP!

I have no idea how to post pictures on here in the forums or even put pictures side by side for comparison. One of my lovely friends posted this on my wall today.......so thank you!!!

The BEFORE picture was taken in March 2012.......the AFTER picture was taken today!!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/559275_446471955373481_1098346799_n.jpg

Replies

• drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    Whoa!! Nice work and good advice
  • castroje
    castroje Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Daaaayyummmm!!! Beautiful!!!
    Congratulations!!!!

19747159.png
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    you're awesome! that is all.
  • saramerino
    saramerino Posts: 10
    Options
    thank you for the advice. :)
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOLY! You look amazing!!! Your legs are gorgeous!!! That's my trouble area!!!! You are an inspiration for me to keep at it!!!
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    559275_446471955373481_1098346799_n.jpg

There ya' go! And you look fabulous (:
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOLY! You look amazing!!! Your legs are gorgeous!!! That's my trouble area!!!! You are an inspiration for me to keep at it!!!

Thank you!!! There is hope for you because my legs ARE my problem area and always have been. I am just now starting to see them catching up with the rest of my areas that are a litle easier to see results on quick. Good Luck and keep on pushing!!! =)
  • littlecaponey2
    Options
    559275_446471955373481_1098346799_n.jpg

There ya' go! And you look fabulous (:

Thank you!!! I keep looking at this picture and I have to pinch myself and think "that is you"......it's not my "If only" picture.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    what did you do to achieve those results? how tall are you?
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! WOW
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! I hope my journey is as successful as yours!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow, MOTIVATOR!!! I am kinda built like your before pic now...and if I can look like your after pic in 4 months( IT ONLY TOOK YOU 4 MONTHS?!?) I will be thrilled
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I am so proud of you!!! You look amazing...and better yet, are an amazing person!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Or maybe you don't look any different from 4 months ago, like me. 2-3 lbs in that time. I hate my thyroid with a severe passion.
  • mistymamas
    mistymamas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing. To avoid a thousand friends requests and messages (lol) you should post how you did this. Remarkable :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    You look wonderful...amazing pictures and great job!
  • littlecaponey2
    Options
    what did you do to achieve those results? how tall are you?

I'm 5'5".

Counting calories and a lot of hard work in the gym. I workout 6 days a week. Currently, 2 of those days are spinning, 3 days are Boot Camp classes, and the 6th day is either a Boot Camp or in the gym on the Eliptical or Treadmill. I burn roughly 4500 calories a week just from excercise. I do not workout without my Polar HRM. I know exactly what I am burning and what I am eating. It's not easy, but worth it in the end.

I also do not deny myself any food, but I am accountable for what I am eating. If I want it bad enough, I eat it and get right back on the "wagon" the next day. I have faithfully been doing this since March 15th.
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    You rock! You look absolutely phenomenal! Congrats!
  • littlecaponey2
    Options
    Or maybe you don't look any different from 4 months ago, like me. 2-3 lbs in that time. I hate my thyroid with a severe passion.

I'm sorry:cry: . Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad posting my success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!