Please help, it's never been so bad!

Options
I generally hate complaining but I feel like I need to let this out and get some support. Since I stopped playing sports 24/7 about 6 years ago I have struggled with my weight. I was never very consistent with healthy eating but when I put my mind to it I could always get back into it and get back exercising. However, this time it's different, the past two months I've been over eating and emotional eating like crazy I can't stop myself and it's getting me really down. I just need a starting point, I don't know why it's so hard this time. Exercise isn't a problem it's just the constant need to eat...Does anyone have any advice or any similar situation?

Thanks for reading,
Emma xxx

Replies

• averyrosenthal
    Options
    i am in the same pickle but im slowly changing.....so heres some tips for you......when you find yourself reaching for the m&ms remember that a)you will probably see those foods again so you can eat them in moderation b)that chances are your reaching for the food because either your actually hungry or your bored or sad so think to yourself.....am i eating because im phisically starving or emotionally starving?decide if you really need those foods or if your just trying to fill and emotional viod , if its the latter eating wont help you and lastly c)chances are you might be eating because your not getting enough water so your body makes you feel hunger to get that hydration and also remember that you are beautiful with or without those m&ms or whatever you get your foody fix on
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

I drink a ton of water so it's not that but I do think if I try to realise WHY I'm eating before I just stuff my face it should help! Damn emotional eating!!
  • averyrosenthal
    Options
    amen sister! lol
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    If you find a constant need to eat, even if driven by emotion or boredom, try reducing the amount of sugar and carbs that you eat daily for a while. I find that since I eat low carb I don't have a constant need to snack, nor when I am any of the following (like I was before, I'd eat whenever any or all of these conditions were met LOL)

bored
    stressed
    depressed
    it's "time to eat"
    mindless snacking without realizing it
  • tkz65
    tkz65 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have the same problem, I am a born snacker, muncher. When I decided it was time to really get serious about losing weight, I knew I was going to need to figure out how to curve that evening time sit, watch TV and munch. I took up hand work, my sister was kind enough to teach me how to hook wool rugs, but I think anything that keeps your hands busy works. I also read more than I watch TV. It is hard to stuff your mouth with a book in your hand. Just a thought! Good luck!